Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 08:03 AM
Kobold

How about treating this more like The Street

... I mean street basketball. Like on And-1 dawgs!

Where you call your own fouls.

If I say you fouled me - you fouled me.

But I don’t have read access to the UN - so what do I know?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:05 AM
Planar Protector

hi morons, rotate everything.

end.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:05 AM
Orc

This is all solved VERY VERY easily.

Every single petition results in a ban for either the guild who submitted the petition for a false petition or the petitioned guild for a violation.

In real life, I can tell my kids to not do something 100x, but if I don't enforce some level of punishment and accountability, not only will they not stop, they will literally increase the number of times they do it.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

ya, i dont understand why we dont expect people to play by the rules of real life. If i constantly call the police for no good reason, I GET ARRESTED!!! If i constantly file petitions, for no good reason, I SHOULD GET BANNED!!
Old 10-21-2020, 08:23 AM
Kobold

I mean - having some higher stakes for GM involvement is a great idea I think.

I think a 1 week automatic ban at stake to one, the other, or both parties would have a great effect on relations. GMs would probably feel more respected. And guilds would respect each other more. Win win win.

But the issue with that is:

GMs rn seem to be saying “y’all figure something out - bc we’re tired of dealing with it fam”

(But wth do I know? I don’t have read access to UN)

...so telling the GMs “hey! Here’s what YOU need to do to fix this!”

Is kind of a backwards approach isn’t it?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Do you guys really think every petition is simply that cut and dry? There's a lot of grey areas, a lot of give and take, a lot of interpretations of the rules, a lot of misunderstandings.

This idea of punishing "wolf calling" belies an underlying belief that there's specific entities who are more guilty of frivolous petitions than others, and I truly don't believe that to be the case. Every petition can be argued by either side convincingly, this stuff isn't ever as simple as we'd like it to be and the evidence is notoriously hard to evaluate.

There's simply no objective way to say someone's acting in bad faith, most of the questionable petitions tend to be questions of intent, which is nearly impossible to determine, rather than something that you can immediately call an outright lie or bad faith petition. Additionally, with the long delays involved in the process of ruling on these things a punishment is not as significant of a deterrent. Behaviorally, its well established that punishment doesn't work for shaping when its randomly applied and the longer its delayed from the target behavior.

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" — Obi-Wan Kenobi, Return of the Jedi.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you guys really think every petition is simply that cut and dry? There's a lot of grey areas, a lot of give and take, a lot of interpretations of the rules, a lot of misunderstandings.

This idea of punishing "wolf calling" belies an underlying belief that there's specific entities who are more guilty of frivolous petitions than others, and I truly don't believe that to be the case. Every petition can be argued by either side convincingly, this stuff isn't ever as simple as we'd like it to be and the evidence is notoriously hard to evaluate.

There's simply no objective way to say someone's acting in bad faith, most of the questionable petitions tend to be questions of intent, which is nearly impossible to determine, rather than something that you can immediately call an outright lie or bad faith petition. Additionally, with the long delays involved in the process of ruling on these things a punishment is not as significant of a deterrent. Behaviorally, its well established that punishment doesn't work for shaping when its randomly applied and the longer its delayed from the target behavior.

"You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" — Obi-Wan Kenobi, Return of the Jedi.
When a guild is currently engaged in behaviour that they petitioned you for the week before. You point this out, and there response is "we know the rules, your wrong".... Should be an automatic ban, because either they clearly cried wolf the week before, or are intentionally breaking the rules right now. And this exact scenario comes up almost every week.

It very often is that cut and dry/ black and white
Old 10-21-2020, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe it is, I don't know, but it never seems that simple to me. At least half of the shit lately feels like "we think they were kiting"...."no way we weren't kiting they are just mad they lost"....GM: "k they were kiting this time I guess fuck if I know, they concede the next one or two I guess".
Old 10-21-2020, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

Harsher concessions idea - No more concede 2 on a single target - apply to entire zone. For places like TOV this becomes a way to make sure people are MUCH more careful with their trains, to the point they wont sit their raid force on another raid force at all most likely unless absolutely necessary. No more of this, we wait on top of them for them to clear the trash then run in stuff.

Anti leapfrogging - 20 minute lockout on FTE as soon as you feel your raid force is ready to engage in that time. Be it killing adds, figuring out kites, whatever, 20 minutes to get your shit together or lose your FTE and another guild can engage. That's the time between statue / AoW and basically all turn ins like Zordak so why not make it universal?

Rotation proposals -

ST- Just give one guild ST every week who can kill there and rotate it. Dont worry about individual golems on X day under Y circumstance because Z killed them last time. Dont make it over complicated, make it simple. Its 24 hour windows for mobs that 99% of the time drop only plat. Gross.

Tunare - If you can actually clear growth ON YOUR OWN within 10 hours, you get a rotation slot. Every third week give the option to let guilds who cant do it on their own band together to try.

Ring war - Rotate if you can clear it. If you cannot start it within an hour of pop, let the next guild in line know and they can take that one, and you will be given your shot at the next one. This keeps the respawn almost as fast as possible for more ring 10s.

Leave everything else as is. This work for everyone? :P
Old 10-21-2020, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it is, I don't know, but it never seems that simple to me. At least half of the shit lately feels like "we think they were kiting"...."no way we weren't kiting they are just mad they lost"....GM: "k they were kiting this time I guess fuck if I know, they concede the next one or two I guess".
that is definitely part of the problem. They do not follow the precedent that they establish.
Closed Thread