Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 01:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't literally saying "never, in the entire period of time between 1999-2001, on any of the many different EQ servers, did any Torpor shaman ever solo a Crypt mob."

What I was saying was, it wasn't at all a regular occurrence on live; it's not the classic EQ we all remember. From what I remember on my server (Bristlebane) at least, AE groups were far more common in Seb than people soloing Crypt.
Seb strange on this server, again due to people coming in with tons of previous knowledge. My experience on live was that no one under 55 (except maybe clerics) could even think of finding a group in seb because no one would want you and there were way too many people in the zone to ever think about trying to claim a camp solo.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:56 PM
Banned

If a group is locking down CE in the standard fashion of crawling around killing mobs right in line the spawn timers (ICGs --> heiro --> baron --> harbringer --> duke --> blood --> emp --> back to ICGs) ...and a soloer tries to lawyerquest his way in, said soloer is a total douche and probably has some form of mental illness.

Normal, well-adjusted adults simply log off in the safe spot and periodically check back to see if its open. Period.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:00 PM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to EricaOgre

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a group is locking down CE in the standard fashion of crawling around killing mobs right in line the spawn timers (ICGs --> heiro --> baron --> harbringer --> duke --> blood --> emp --> back to ICGs) ...and a soloer tries to lawyerquest his way in, said soloer is a total douche and probably has some form of mental illness.

Normal, well-adjusted adults simply log off in the safe spot and periodically check back to see if its open. Period.
Found the problem!
Old 12-31-2020, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

This is why wow went completely instanced, quest reward, personal loot. They decided no GMs should have to get involved ever except in the extreme case of maybe harrasment or something strange like IRL stalking.

Welcome to 2020.

I wish I had a button that killed ppl from orbit for not being Normal, well-adjusted adults .

Tryred, its the next best thing.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I gotta say this ruling has always bugged me. Like I completely understand the logic behind it; it basically amounts to "we want it to be easy for everyone to understand the rules, and that means keeping them simple/general, and not having tons of special exceptions for individual camps"... but it still feels wrong for this place.

Exhibit A): No one soloed Crypot mobs in classic, and this place is all about classic.

Exhibit B) The whole point of the rule is to promote sharing on our (shared) free server ... but this ruling discourages sharing.

I know weird exceptions all over the place isn't how the staff wants to run things, and I completely support that ... but I do wonder if not having an exception for CE does more harm than good.

P.S. Full disclosure: As a 60 Torpor Shaman I've actually soloed CE mobs myself before ... but I always did it late at night when no one else was doing the camp. If the rule was "when a group shows up you have to go", I would have absolutely felt that was ok.
loramin you are a very big noob and you really gotta stop weighing in as if you're some kind of authority

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 01-03-2021, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
loramin you are a very big noob and you really gotta stop weighing in as if you're some kind of authority
Your words wound me Waedawen, truly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did you play in classic? Hell, did you even play after classic? Even in Luclin, people weren't soloing Crypt mobs. Honestly I don't think they were in PoP either, but that likely had more to do with no one even wanting Crypt loot (given how much better Luclin/Planar loot was ...)

P.S. And also FYI, AoE groups in Seb (in Classic) 100% were a thing. Not all the time certainly, but late at night they definitely happened on Bristlebane.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tell the soloer half your group is holding heiro and the other half jbb, but he is free to take anything else.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Did you play in classic? Hell, did you even play after classic? Even in Luclin, people weren't soloing Crypt mobs. Honestly I don't think they were in PoP either, but that likely had more to do with no one even wanting Crypt loot (given how much better Luclin/Planar loot was ...)
Necros got an undead only slow in luclin. On my server they were definently soloing emperor chottal to farm level 60 kunark spells during luclin era, and there was also a way to pull him solo from his room without having to clear it that I don't think works on this server. If they were soloing emperor, they were probably capable of doing crypt mobs too.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:16 PM
Kobold

In reality, camp was held by a guild. Guild had enough folks to keep it going. Guild wiped plenty of times because things like that happened but recovered in time. Unfortunately people complained in their time window. Yet the guild always shared camp if a tell was sent and asked. Until one day, one day someone with pull came in. That pull was so pulling that in a matter of an hour it was changed even overturning another GMs ruling a few minutes before. Now we have seperate camps. And has actually made it easier for said group to camp the one or two camps. The end and well done.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:02 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I give up time to roll an ench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why not another bard
Closed Thread