Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Add EQ folder to your anti virus exception list. Worked here.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I had the same error and it turned out to be AVG free version causing the problem.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Large Rat

I did this, and it no longer gives me the issue about the debugger; however, it now says "Windows cannot find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and try again.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Aviak

Just started getting this error today - haven't installed, uninstalled or done anything differently since last time I logged in. I don't use AVG. Anyone else getting this? Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Large Bat

I had this issue. Turned out to be my Avast Free Antivirus causing issues. I disabled that, waited 30 sec, and it worked again.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:08 AM
Large Rat

Is there a Fix for this yet, I started on page 1 and tried everything everyone is mentioning about the Debugger issue but not working for me. Any ideas?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefe4life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a Fix for this yet, I started on page 1 and tried everything everyone is mentioning about the Debugger issue but not working for me. Any ideas?
Did you try uninstalling your AV and try? Did it work?
Old 04-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Large Bat

I'm not going to uninstall my AV. That is not an acceptable solution in this era, and hasn't been in 20 years.
I have attempted to disable shields for a few minutes. I have reloaded the spell file. I have made the entire p99 folder an exception in the AV.

Is P99 about to become a server of the past? No more attention to the future of AV's? Perhaps this is part of the agreement with DB so there would be no backlash? I don't know, but I haven't been able to find an official solution to this problem and it's a little irritating. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Is P99 about to become a server of the past? LOLWTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to uninstall my AV. That is not an acceptable solution in this era, and hasn't been in 20 years.
I have attempted to disable shields for a few minutes. I have reloaded the spell file. I have made the entire p99 folder an exception in the AV.

Is P99 about to become a server of the past? No more attention to the future of AV's? Perhaps this is part of the agreement with DB so there would be no backlash? I don't know, but I haven't been able to find an official solution to this problem and it's a little irritating. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's rather ironic that you say this isn't an acceptable solution in this era seeing as third party active antivirus has been an unnecessary resource hog for quite some time now. My theory is the anti cheat is seeing your AV as a possible risk. The anticheat scans your active memory for data mining software. The official solution is to get a halfway decent antivirus instead of the garbage you are currently using. Malwarebytes is one that comes to mind.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Didn't read anything but, Just add the entire EQ folder to your AV exception list, should solve your problem.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.