Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 09:24 PM
Kobold

Default Monk Skill tree

I haven’t been able to play eq much as I’d like. I when I’m not playing and I got a few minutes I like figure out the mechanics of which weapons are better. I have already played around with ratios and haste but now I want to try and work out max damage and output for weapons so I can see which upgrades I should shoot for when I do play.

MAX HIT FORMULA
=(((OFFENSE+STR)/100)*DMG)+DMG BONUS
http://https://drive.google.com/file...JtaGVsanM/edit

I have been looking for some data on skills. Do all skills that are not duel wield lvl by 5 per lvl?

For duel wield I found on the wiki is (lvl+1)*7.

Is there other formulas for skills?

I see some skills start at certain lvls. What skill lvl do they start at? Like round kick you earn at lvl 5 do you only get 5 points till next lvl or does it lvl up too other skills like 1hb at 25 then per 5 per lvl.

How I’m reading the chart is at lvl 50 1hb maxes out at 240 which 5 points a lvl it maxes out at lvl 48 and then lvl 51-60 it maxes out at 252

After lvl 50 how are points distributed? 240 -> 252 for 1hb that’s 12 points for 10 lvls? Others have like 25 points while some others go up 50 points.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DF4F0CE4-EEAA-41C2-84FA-C7387C47AB61.jpg (19.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-26-2018, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

> I see some skills start at certain lvls. What skill lvl do they start at?

When you train them, they start at whatever level you are when you train. (Maybe +1). So if you train Eagle Strike at level 20, it starts at skill level 20. If you wait to level 40 (foolish, but for illustration), it starts at skill level 40.

They all max at (lvl+1)*5, IIRC.

Not sure about the 50+ question.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedbane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like figure out the mechanics of which weapons are better. I have already played around with ratios and haste but now I want to try and work out max damage and output for weapons so I can see which upgrades I should shoot for when I do play.
The monk skill caps are all sorts of fucked up, and H2H will trail 1HB and 2HB throughout the 50s. In general Verant's combat system was needlessly complicated with hundreds of inputs like 'damage table' and other nonsense.

Weapons for non-raiding monks do not substantially improve with Velious. My sperglord calculator suggests that they are all about the same:

Monk Epic Fist + Sceptre of Mastery: 70.98
Monk Epic Fist + Stave of Shielding: 70.55
Tranquil Staff: 69.45
Adamantite Club + Stave of Shielding: 69.13

Personally I think the AC/SoS combo is the best bang for the buck (I think like 15K now?). It's also a bit lighter than the Tranquil Staff. And it's only really beaten by Sky /ToV fists or Abashi's until the 2H upgrade.
Closed Thread