Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Large Rat

It is happening to me too. on both my desktop and my laptop. I don't get the unknown error, but I cannot log into any characters that are in the same zone as the toon that crashed or timed out when zoning. It used to happen occasionally and I just let it go as an emulated server bug... but it's getting worse and worse to the point that I can't play a lot of the time.

Desktop specs (where I play most of the time):
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-4600K APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.6 GHz
Installed Memory 4.0 Gigs
Video: NVidia GeForce GTS 450
Connected Via Ethernet to my router.
Current ping: 298 ms
Download speed: 94.33 Mbps
Upload speed: 12.15 Mbps

It should also be noted that I can connect and play on the Blue server with ZERO issues on both laptop and desktop,l and both laptop and desktop (which have similar specs) are having the EXACT same issues.

Toon names: Qadias, Abaloe, Razdom, Boomkin
Last edited by gaspard281; 12-16-2019 at 10:57 AM.. Reason: adding specs and toons
Old 12-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Kobold

I have noticed long load/zoning times in the last day or two.

In particular, trying to play around 8:30PM CST last night I encountered an empty server select when logging into the game, but would log out and go back in and all servers would show (this happened again when I had logged out to cook dinner and came back to play). In game while zoning to NRO from Oasis, and again to EC took a couple minutes each time.

I have an NVMe SSD, i7 8th Gen processor, and a modern GTX video card. I am running the game on Windows 10 with WinEQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect it's network related.
Me too.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Aviak

This is called CLASSIC experience so there's nothing to fix.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:09 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is called CLASSIC experience so there's nothing to fix.
I played during the classic era on a PC with FAR less specs than I have now, on friggen dialup, and I didn't have this issue.

This is NOT classic experience, and needs to be fixed, or at least examined to determine what the cause is. I've worked in PC and internet support for 30 years, having the same issue connecting to one server on two separate machines on the same network which can easily connect to another server hosted by the same IP indicates the problems is not on my network, or my PCs.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Me and 55 of my closest friends are having 0 issues zoning, pretty sure its all you, loser
Old 12-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Aviak

So I've had similar things happen to me as well. Particularly freezing on zoning. After a bunch of googling/searching I found this thread.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ighlight=Crash

Which suggested that it might be network related. Someone solved their issues using a VPN. I also tried using a VPN and it worked for me as well. Not sure why that fixes it, but it seemed to.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

OP exposed as boxer, please flag account for banning.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
I've worked in PC and internet support for 30 years, having the same issue connecting to one server on two separate machines on the same network which can easily connect to another server hosted by the same IP indicates the problems is not on my network, or my PCs.
Ouch, no wonder i never called pc support. If you really knew support, you would know that if its a client/server app and the majority can connect to the SAME server, but YOU cant, sounds like it's on your end. PC / Network / Router / ISP / the list keeps going on.

ITS not a server problem or EVERYONE would experience it.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ouch, no wonder i never called pc support. If you really knew support, you would know that if its a client/server app and the majority can connect to the SAME server, but YOU cant, sounds like it's on your end. PC / Network / Router / ISP / the list keeps going on.

ITS not a server problem or EVERYONE would experience it.
I never said it was a server problem, I said it was not a problem on my end. There is a WHOLE INTERNET between my network and the servers I am connecting to.

Turns out this was likely an ISP problem because it vanished without a trace. I made no changes to my PCs or my network configuration. So something in the way my traffic was being routed changed. That's my ISP.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

A lot of you guys are kinda being dicks yourselves, if you ask me. You didn't, but then again IDGAF. He's not the first to claim 'ermagherd it's teh servers!' and he won't be the last.
Everyone, including him, is making a bunch of blanket statements. It can be a server problem and no that wouldn't necessarily happen to everyone, it could be an combination of problems or conditions on either end or in the pipes.
OP -
There are two sources of time delay during zoneing - (a) disk load speed issues, and (b) internetz speed.
Run a speed checker. Ping the P99 servers and see what your latency is.
Can you stream video on your comp without a lot of buffering?
Is your RAM full?
Pop the task manager open and watch what's happening with disk IO, CPU util and network IO while it pauses.
*Completely* remove P99 and re-install.