Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another issue is that lots of people dont play red for the PvP, they play it for the easy pixels -- they won't play a new PvP server or a seasonal server.

The key also is to cater for the casuals, not the no-lifers. No-lifers ruin servers, esp. PvP servers where they can 'feel' some dominance by flexing to make up for their inherent lack of IRLife.
All EQ is for no lifers. If you have a life you can play casually and enoy the game, no problem. All MMO is designed for time sync. EQ Easy mode isn't going to help. No lifers will still lock down the pixels for their pixel hoard. Don't worry about them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:46 AM
Kobold

Teams is so gay just give us a fresh red99
Old 02-21-2020, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin 5.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teams is so gay just give us a fresh red99
Would u rather have +/- 4 level range pvp with anyone ala red99

or

no level limit but 2 hard coded teams so you can kill anyone not on your team
Old 02-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

pras new server
Old 02-21-2020, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All EQ is for no lifers. If you have a life you can play casually and enoy the game, no problem. All MMO is designed for time sync. EQ Easy mode isn't going to help. No lifers will still lock down the pixels for their pixel hoard. Don't worry about them.
on eqlive all the rules made for casuals just got exploited by neckbeards

pretty sure they still haven't fixed the bug where people can drop an instance when the raid mob is at 1% and avoid the lockout

just rotate 3 alts and chain farm the instance
Old 02-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PVP Guys don't want to be with blue guys and blue guys don't want to be with pvp guys.
Why not ask the people who stayed on red their entire eq "career" then tried p99 red, and ended up on blue, why they switched? There are quite a lot. I speak to them daily. That's your player base you are missing out on.

Frustration I bet would be number one reason. Maybe I'm biased, I grew up on tallon. But my last attempt at a red play through was quite discouraging. No groups, and the 20 or so people online at the time, were so excited at the prospect of someone new to hunt, my level 20 was literally harassed and chased out of every zone. Not a p99 experience. And please, no "get gud" replies, I'm pretty sure my level 50 something enc/cleric are still in existence.

oh, nearly forgot, something about level 50's deleveling after getting fully geared, so they could, kill the newer ungeared folks. Do I like the blue ruleset? No, I HATE FTE. But at least its somewhere to play, and have closer to the og eq experience.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:52 PM
Aviak

Oadina looks like such a little bitch rn
Old 02-21-2020, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oadina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

oh, nearly forgot, something about level 50's deleveling after getting fully geared, so they could, kill the newer ungeared folks. Do I like the blue ruleset? No, I HATE FTE. But at least its somewhere to play, and have closer to the og eq experience.
This is a classic problem but is ridiculously easy to mitigate in one of like 1000 different ways. One way is the no level range teams PVP that was proposed. Another way is to impose level REQ on these items. Player skills were retained on rallos through all the develing originally, but that changed on live to being like skills of a character that is +2 levels or something.

I'm not trying to say that red99 is a great server I am just saying that there isn't a lot of incentive to bring red99 guys over to blue99 archive server for either party.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I am just saying that there isn't a lot of incentive to bring red99 guys over to blue99 archive server for either party.
A new pvp server is pretty big incentive imo.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

The deleveling thing was such fake news. Avoid unrest and mistmoore problem solved.