Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dumpster dinner LOL
Old 03-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Banned

For a teams server, Id restrict pvp to 4-6 levels, probably just 4. Id make massive incentive algorithm when data shows one side is getting overpopulated. Something like 15-20% xp bonus. Thats why i dont like teams, it seems like alot more work and headaches to make it work and im not convinced the team is ready to do all that. I just cant see it working, or at least more than just hopping around on a gimp leg from the get-go to an early server death.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My ideal server would be this:

4 level FFA, item loot and custom no drop loot, added to the loot tables of mobs as you climb up the levels. Make those a little less powerful that their usual dropped version, so you get better of both worlds: You can wear the custom stuff and be sure not to lose it, or you can wear the better stuff but you might lose it if you die to pvp. This is to offset the harsness of item loot. It will also add a real economy and kill RMT cuz whos gonna pay 100$ for a droppable fungi tunic. To use my example, the fungi king would drop alternatively 2 versions of the fungi tunic. The no drop one, which heals quite less than the droppable version. And the original one, which is rarer.

Make events copied from the halloween 2001 events, which drops no drop/event gear. Let the players fight over these events. For those who werent there, for example the sky would turn purple in WC and werewolves would appear, who dropped event loot.

Make these events worthwhile enough for people to port in, give interesting plat/item drops (scythes held by reapers were worth 10p). Design those events around the concept that pvp is fun and you want to incentivize it. Make insta-pumice a rare drop from those events, or something similarly cool that players will actually move there to fight over it. Make these events last hours and hours. Automate them and make em daily occurences, with more event variety added in time. Make low-mid-high range events, to segregate level-range a bit.

Fuck this duel shit. It can be fun as a side dish but without a main course its just meh. These events will make pvp worthwhile. People will have intel like oh damn theres 20ish players around that zoneline, how are we going to do this, etc... organic pvp not this game of thrones jousting shit.

=======

This would be cool as hell but more work, not super classic.

So simply, easiest most trouble-free solution is a FFA server, but without the xp loss starting out. Just relaunch red if its gonna be something less than what i layed out.
At least you wont get the shitshow we got when red launched, which was assuredly responsible for emptying out the server. Find a way to make xp GAINS in pvp a thing, maybe (exploits thought through first).
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-08-2020 at 08:27 PM..
Old 03-08-2020, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Yikes
Old 03-09-2020, 05:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a teams server, Id restrict pvp to 4-6 levels, probably just 4. Id make massive incentive algorithm when data shows one side is getting overpopulated. Something like 15-20% xp bonus. Thats why i dont like teams, it seems like alot more work and headaches to make it work and im not convinced the team is ready to do all that. I just cant see it working, or at least more than just hopping around on a gimp leg from the get-go to an early server death.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My ideal server would be this:

4 level FFA, item loot and custom no drop loot, added to the loot tables of mobs as you climb up the levels. Make those a little less powerful that their usual dropped version, so you get better of both worlds: You can wear the custom stuff and be sure not to lose it, or you can wear the better stuff but you might lose it if you die to pvp. This is to offset the harsness of item loot. It will also add a real economy and kill RMT cuz whos gonna pay 100$ for a droppable fungi tunic. To use my example, the fungi king would drop alternatively 2 versions of the fungi tunic. The no drop one, which heals quite less than the droppable version. And the original one, which is rarer.

Make events copied from the halloween 2001 events, which drops no drop/event gear. Let the players fight over these events. For those who werent there, for example the sky would turn purple in WC and werewolves would appear, who dropped event loot.

Make these events worthwhile enough for people to port in, give interesting plat/item drops (scythes held by reapers were worth 10p). Design those events around the concept that pvp is fun and you want to incentivize it. Make insta-pumice a rare drop from those events, or something similarly cool that players will actually move there to fight over it. Make these events last hours and hours. Automate them and make em daily occurences, with more event variety added in time. Make low-mid-high range events, to segregate level-range a bit.

Fuck this duel shit. It can be fun as a side dish but without a main course its just meh. These events will make pvp worthwhile. People will have intel like oh damn theres 20ish players around that zoneline, how are we going to do this, etc... organic pvp not this game of thrones jousting shit.

=======

This would be cool as hell but more work, not super classic.

So simply, easiest most trouble-free solution is a FFA server, but without the xp loss starting out. Just relaunch red if its gonna be something less than what i layed out.
At least you wont get the shitshow we got when red launched, which was assuredly responsible for emptying out the server. Find a way to make xp GAINS in pvp a thing, maybe (exploits thought through first).
Didn't read past "custom".

Thanks for caring though.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

my copypaste answer for custom anything

I'm all for semi-custom solutions to issues the original EQ devs did not address as it relates to PVP (Rogean can't stop talking about it) but deviating too far from classic is more of a turn off to many than the original issue you endeavored to address. Where do you stop? Soul binders? Mercenaries? Porting NPCs? Hell, why not just eliminate corpse runs entirely? But I digress, I may not be as much of a classic purist as old Nirgon but custom content to this degree is too much of a departure from classic EQ or Project 1999's interpretation of it IMHO.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotsalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes
Old 03-09-2020, 03:59 PM
Banned

Dumpster dinner lol
Old 03-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Banned

Any update on pvp movement? No one give a shit ?
Old 03-11-2020, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is one sexy dude, 10/10 would camp fungi tunics with him.
Closed Thread