Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your forum join date is quite recent, given the history of the server. Before you joined, many years ago now, there was a guild called The Mystical Order. They kept kunark content locked down for 5 years(The details are becomming foggy now, IB had it until VP launched something like 2 years after kunark opened then TMO locked it down. Someone with a better memory correct the details please). by locked down I mean probably 97% of all spawns. 24/7.

I predict this will happen again if player agreed rotations fall. Believe me when I say I understand your point of view
What player agreed rotations? The ones involving mobs that respawn every 8 hours? That's all that exists. There's not going to be any rotations on Kunark raid mobs just like there aren't now on Naggy/Vox/Inny/CT. And ST is poised to monopolize all that.

I'm not attacking ST for that per se, but any green raider outside of ST who is hoping for Kunark to allow them to be more competitive (there are a lot who believe this) are in for a rude awakening.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think now about how TMO was and how the staff allowed them to be, and then I consider Seal Team and their willingness to give up competing on lots of stuff, and their willingness to subject themselves to the rules created in the UN (in which the Federation has made numerous attempts to stack votes in their favor, including trying to sign up a friendly guild behind their back that didn't even want to join), and it makes me think that a lot of raiders don't know how bad they could have had it. I've never seen a top guild so reasonable and willing to compromise, so willing to quickly concede when they know they screwed up (instead of lawyerquesting everything), and to ask for reasonable concessions when another guild/force is in the wrong. Couple that with the Federation and how they fight (lawyerquest) tooth and nail when they are clearly in the wrong, present embarrassing ignorance of fundamental game mechanics when attempting to defend their shenanigans, and seem more interested in getting Seal Team in trouble than actually improving the raiding landscape - and I'm surprised that Seal Team is willing to cooperate at all.
This is utter nonsense. Someone JUST quoted the stat that ST has had 11 of the 16 total raid petitions. I struggle to recall more than one or two concessions they've made since the teal merger vs. the ones they've forced on Fed which seem to be one a week at this point in Fear. There's only one guild in the UN who are lawyerquest pros, you're right on one thing the rest of the guilds are complete newbs to that facet of P99 raid scenes and it shows.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...hoping for Kunark to allow them to be more competitive (there are a lot who believe this) are in for a rude awakening.
History repeats: I remember the same hopes on P1999 from circa 2010. Boy were they in for a shock.

Velious opened things up somewhat because the top guilds could no longer monopolize all the top content as well as the secondary targets--they had to pick and choose to some extent--so other guilds started getting some stuff albeit not usually the very best. I expect guilds on P1999-green might burn out a little more quickly after Velious opens and the Sleeper is awakened than they did on Blue because they'll know they'll be approaching the end of Green's lifecycle with the next variant of "green" on its way. We'll see.

Danth
Old 07-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Velious helps on blue right now mostly on quakes. The farther the windows get spread out the more it benefits the biggest guild.

People losing to ST now don't understand that more targets ends up meaning you just lose more times in succession as the dominant guild camps one window after the next. The smaller and/or more casual guilds burn out on tracking/socking windows that they mostly lose anyway or can't field a force for at 3AM....morale sinks lower and lower, you lose more people to the dominant guild, new recruits have to be retrained to sock/track/attempt FTE...rinse/repeat while getting only scraps.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:45 AM
Large Bat

Its almost like the rules are made specifically to cater to the top guilds. The snowball effect widens the gap, and the GMs dont fuckin care.
Old 07-23-2020, 11:12 AM
Aviak

Spoiler alert: I was in a guild called “The Mystical Order” on Fennin Ro in 1999. Any relation to them and the one on blue?? (I never played p99 until January of this year)
Old 07-23-2020, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its almost like the rules are made specifically to cater to the top guilds. The snowball effect widens the gap, and the GMs dont fuckin care.
why should GMs care? its called PVE for a reason. Player vs. Environment. Other guilds are part of that environment. You can't beat em, so join em. if that is not acceptable, make your own guild Git Gud.

If you can't do that, go quietly into the night

You're the only one who cares that you didn't get pixels.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
History repeats: I remember the same hopes on P1999 from circa 2010. Boy were they in for a shock.

Velious opened things up somewhat because the top guilds could no longer monopolize all the top content as well as the secondary targets--they had to pick and choose to some extent--so other guilds started getting some stuff albeit not usually the very best. I expect guilds on P1999-green might burn out a little more quickly after Velious opens and the Sleeper is awakened than they did on Blue because they'll know they'll be approaching the end of Green's lifecycle with the next variant of "green" on its way. We'll see.

Danth
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2020, 02:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is utter nonsense. Someone JUST quoted the stat that ST has had 11 of the 16 total raid petitions. I struggle to recall more than one or two concessions they've made since the teal merger vs. the ones they've forced on Fed which seem to be one a week at this point in Fear. There's only one guild in the UN who are lawyerquest pros, you're right on one thing the rest of the guilds are complete newbs to that facet of P99 raid scenes and it shows.
You know, anyone can just go in the green UN discord and observe...

Just looking it over, seems like you are right though, this "Federation" is worse at lawyerquest than at actual raiding. Hard to believe, but true. It seems like they lose most cases, on either side, just like they do on competitive dragons.
Old 07-23-2020, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spoiler alert: I was in a guild called “The Mystical Order” on Fennin Ro in 1999. Any relation to them and the one on blue?? (I never played p99 until January of this year)
You may have known Zeelot then.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread