Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Smile Spring Gardening

How many of you are starting a garden this year?
Growing your own food is very rewarding and you don't have to start with a ton of plants. Even just a couple tomato plants to see if you can do it goes a long way.

I just transplanted my tomatoes from peat pots into their own area. They were getting 5 inches tall aprox and were crowded in the peat pots. Going to transplant my bell peppers in a week or two when they get a little bigger. I like growing habanero but I hate eating them, usually throw one into chili or something to spice it up. They'll grow just about anywhere you plant them and require almost zero care. My Jalapeno's just didnt grow.
All these came from seeds I harvested from last years harvest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 04-07-2021 at 12:32 PM..
Old 04-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Every year I garden with my mom. This year I'm just moral support.

I am really impressed by her accomplishment this year despite everything.

The lavender and Mexican petunias are for me and my favorite this year.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every year I garden with my mom. This year I'm just moral support.

I am really impressed by her accomplishment this year despite everything.

The lavender and Mexican petunias are for me and my favorite this year.
Working the flower beds with my mom is how I got into gardening. Thumbs up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those succulents and flower bed look gorgeous!!

Those mexican petunias are just thriving! They look happy and healthy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It all looks great, Thank you for sharing!

This past week I spent probably 3 days pulling old dead plants and dried leaves from my growing areas. Super hyped for spring this year.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Working the flower beds with my mom is how I got into gardening. Thumbs up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those succulents and flower bed look gorgeous!!

Those mexican petunias are just thriving! They look happy and healthy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It all looks great, Thank you for sharing!

This past week I spent probably 3 days pulling old dead plants and dried leaves from my growing areas. Super hyped for spring this year.
Feels like it's going to be a nice summer. And yeah, tbh the prep work, cleaning, composting, and just sitting back and relaxing is what I enjoy. It's nice to care for the land. I'm really grateful for this small little garden. One flower bed makes a big difference. There was a bee today. I had DBT and was kinda stressing from illness. This bee came and literally tried to comfort me. For real. Our love reverberates through our world and Gardening is a part of that.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Gotta wait a bit longer for last frost to really get going where I’m at. But definitely getting pumped up and getting my root vegetables in!
Old 04-07-2021, 02:19 PM
Kobold

my flowers are just starting to hit that sapling(?) stage. Just pokin out of the ground [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Very excited for them to attract birds and bees for my cat to look at.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 04-07-2021, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many of you are starting a garden this year?
Growing your own food is very rewarding and you don't have to start with a ton of plants. Even just a couple tomato plants to see if you can do it goes a long way.
Good for you! More you grow yourself, less dependent you are. And not to mention, lots of produce in the store is sprinkled with stuff, that prolong shelf life. Not so sure about prolonging our lives.

I'm growing all year around lettuce in my basement. Hydroponics. Homegrown veggies in the winter ;-)
Old 04-07-2021, 03:02 PM
Server GM

16 jalapeno plants
12 bird eye pepper plants
6 poblano plants
6 serrano plants
20-30 other chili plants
3 new papayas
4 new dragon fruit
20 tomato plants (mix of cherry, roma, san marzano and others)
12 different cucumber plants
1 gooseberry/goldenbery
1 boysenberry shrub
12 strawberry plants (couple alpine)

mango, orange, apple, lime, lemon, peach trees, 2x mulberry & mandarin tree.

Couple other ones that I bought on bakercreek/rareseeds or seedsnow.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:13 PM
Server GM

Just what I bought online.

Old 04-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta wait a bit longer for last frost to really get going where I’m at. But definitely getting pumped up and getting my root vegetables in!
I know what you mean! I'm still holding out on outdoor planting till that last frost hits. Luckily for you root vegetables can handle a frost. They're one of the few vegetables that can be started in the 40 degree weathers. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Best of luck on your grow season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my flowers are just starting to hit that sapling(?) stage. Just pokin out of the ground [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Very excited for them to attract birds and bees for my cat to look at.
Very cool! I had a few crocus and daffodil pop up recently. Tulips are right behind them! Pretty stoked myself to see how beautiful the flowers turn out.
entertainment for the cat is always a plus! PLUS more bees = good! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good for you! More you grow yourself, less dependent you are. And not to mention, lots of produce in the store is sprinkled with stuff, that prolong shelf life. Not so sure about prolonging our lives.

I'm growing all year around lettuce in my basement. Hydroponics. Homegrown veggies in the winter ;-)
I've been growing vegitables for some time, I do it pretty laidback no extreme PHing, moisture levels, lighting etc. I just never mentioned it.
I've always considered trying to grow a smaller plant such as leafy lettuces over the winter. Not sure I could properly maintain the tempature for them though. How forgiving is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
16 jalapeno plants
12 bird eye pepper plants
6 poblano plants
6 serrano plants
20-30 other chili plants
3 new papayas
4 new dragon fruit
20 tomato plants (mix of cherry, roma, san marzano and others)
12 different cucumber plants
1 gooseberry/goldenbery
1 boysenberry shrub
12 strawberry plants (couple alpine)

mango, orange, apple, lime, lemon, peach trees, 2x mulberry & mandarin tree.

Couple other ones that I bought on bakercreek/rareseeds or seedsnow.
Wow! that's an impressive haul! (Let me know how those jalapeno plants turn out! (my seeds didn't take))
I LOVE growing nightshade, rather peppers/tomatos. I really like the direction your garden is heading.
I'm also interested in how your berry plants turn out. In all honesty I tried to germinate some berry plants and I didn't have success. Bushes/Shrub berries usually don't fruit the first year but I'm certain you'll get strawberries this year and they'll be sweet!

Thanks for sharing! ^,^
Closed Thread