Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Kobold

Default Evil duo

My friend and I are making a ogre sk and shaman duo.

I was wondering what cities can we kill guards that won't ruin our overall eq experience and at what lvl?
Old 06-20-2015, 09:11 AM
Skeleton

You should be able to get into Misty Thicket, use shaman invis to get through Rivervale as none of the guards can see invis. You could duo on the wall as early as 29 for sure. Learn the paths of the guards. Read some necros guides on it. http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdr...alfling_Guards

If you want to fix Rivervale faction afterwards (The town is not meant for large races.) Ogres on Rallos Zek will probably take about ~800 goblin kills to get to dubious faction and probably somewhere in the ~1200 range to be able to bank in Rivervale.

Did this on a troll pair.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Go Iksar and kill everyone.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Preserve Neriak, Grobb and Oggok I'd say.

That gives you scope to do Freeport and Highkeep guards, Kaladim, Felwithe (better in the zone that doesn't zone to gfay, fear kite), Kelethin (outside rogue guild there's a wanderer, use that as a base and venture further back towards the lifts if you're killing well), Steamfont gnome guards, one at the junction, one outside the windmill - never been into Ak'Anon to try there.

Not so sure about Qeynos.

Don't kill the newbie area guards - they're mega buffed to protect noobs (2 guards at WFP gate, guards at the Kelethin lifts, outside Felwithe etc)
Old 06-20-2015, 02:57 PM
Kobold

Killing Freeport guards in west and east do they make it so we won't be able to bank in north?

If so how can we fix that?

Don't really want to travel to neriak to bank. No offense DE's your town isn't the easiest to navigate.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

North Freeport (Knights of Truth) are at war with West/East Freeport (Freeport Militia). Killing one side raises faction with the other. Kill enough WFP/EFP guards and you'll be (relatively) safe to bank in NFP.

Guards are honestly not that great of a duo target, mostly because there's seldom enough of them in a given area to have constant pulls.

Edit to add:
Nekt Forest guards/golems 12-34 (levels vary greatly, terrible respawn time) - Waste of time.
EC guards 24-29 - Two targets.
WC Guards 29-34 - Two targets.
WC Druids 29-34 -Assorted druid guild factions, you should be KoS anyways. Fear kite em.. but only two targets.
EC Druids 29-34 - Worse drops than WC druids. Again, only two of them.
HK Guards 29-34 (HK guards are Corrupt and similar to and allied with WFP/EFP guards, will not effect NFP banking). Usually camped these days by rangers/monks soloing.
Misty Thicket Guards 29-34 - RV will hate you harder? Very few guards (7? in zone, usually split between 3 people).
SK Treants (goodly but not technically guards) 29-35 (Effects Druid ring porting in.. you're probably already KoS)... two targets.
HP/HK ent Guards 34-49 - This might be a viable duo spot as there are so many guards.
Butcherblock Guards/NPCs 44-54 - Shorties hate Ogres/trolls already. I believe there's a few different camps here.
Felwithe, or Kelethin Guards 49-54 - Felwithe guards will LoH and heal if melee'd or when fear breaks. 7 in Felwithe B, ~13 in Felwithe A if you know where to look.
Kaladim guards 49-56 - Inside Kaladim might be a bit tight for you guys, however this might be another good duo spot due to the number of guards (18 total in zone I think..?)

Honestly, I don't expect anywhere besides Kaladim and HK being worth it for you guys. Almost every guard camp is limited in number of targets.. I made my Necro with the intent of leveling solely off guards. Its a lot of time spent waiting on respawns at nearly every camp-- and you guys can't even go after some of the best guard targets (Oggok, Grobb).
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-21-2015 at 03:33 PM..
Old 06-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

As an Ogre the only factions you need to worry about keeping are your own Ogre factions, Grobb for convenient binding and selling while hunting in Guk, and Neriak for convenient binding and selling in Eastern Antonica. Gypsy camps and various neutral vendors will cover you the rest of the way.

You also want to keep your Venril Sathir faction up until an appropriate time at higher levels.

Also be warned the Ogre SK and Ogre Warrior factions are warring. If you do too many quests for one it might ruin the other. The Warrior faction is the guards and bank and you need the SK faction to train. Additionally, the Ogre and Troll guilds are often threatening to each other. I was threatening to Ogre Shamans as a Troll Shaman.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:28 PM
Kobold

Are there guards too look out for in curtain cities besides the noobie guards?
Old 06-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

In some cities there are specific guards which always dual wield or are higher average level than the others.

If you haven't made your characters yet, Monk/Shaman is a much stronger duo. With SK/SHM your damage will be very low which is going to make duoing at higher levels harder. This won't be an issue until the late 30's or so, though.

If you go Iksar, you can kill any guards you want without hurting your ability to play. You also get access to the best newbie area in the game.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:42 AM
Kobold

Don't forget, killing the halflings gives you good Runnyeye faction and there is a bank & merchant in Runnyeye. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Closed Thread