Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Should they have been forced to pay more?
Yes 11 17.74%
No 51 82.26%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 03:44 AM
Aviak

Default Common sense poll..

So.. Imagine this scenario.. pretend if you will, that this actually took place..

You join a Chardok Proxy group.. ( the going rate is 2k per pull) and your proxy agrees to said terms. You pay him in advance for a pull..

During the pull, half of the EXP group gets wiped out due to botched containment. You survive this mishap by gating and coming back in. In which the pull continues, and you soak up extra XP from the others being dead.

Those who got left out are upset, and dont feel like they should pay their proxy for a botched pull and dont want the rotation to advance. ( 1 person has to sit out each round due to the mechanics of the pulls)

You agree to be the one who sits out next round just to make things right witht hose who didnt want to pay for a pull they never benefited from, but your proxy doesnt agree. In fact, he's demanding you pay an extra 2k for the bonus XP you obtained. Now you were willing to give your proxy an additional 1k, until they started demanding you give them the extra compensation, and when you question it, they then remove you from the group.

Replying with a YES or NO and followed up with an explanation, ( if you feel so inclined) Do you think the person who got bonus EXP due to the rest of the group dying, should be FORCED to pay extra for that pull, when the agreed upon price was 2k per PULL?

MY personal opinion on this "hypthetical" situation would be that you are NOT responsible for the other members of the EXP group, and are NOT obligated to pay extra just because they died and you didnt.

(This is not saying you can't be nice and give them extra if you FEEL like it. This is a matter of, should you be FORCED to pay extra)

/end rant, begin discussion
Old 07-09-2016, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2016, 05:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry about this Lune, yikes
Old 07-09-2016, 05:09 AM
Planar Protector

If you agreed on 2k a pull, it's 2k a pull. I'd argue you owe nothing, honestly, due to the pull being botched. You're not responsible for their screw ups. Guy doubling up the price is a scum bag. But Chardok AE and anyone who supports it are ruining / have ruined the server, so I sincerely hope you paid the 4k.
Old 07-09-2016, 05:17 AM
Kobold

when people ask me to go dps for them in chardok i say yes but actually go afk
Old 07-09-2016, 07:41 AM
Kobold

Old 07-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Aviak

Let's see here.....when the Cdok group fucks up and only brings in one of those half-pull, do they only charge you 1k?

Also, the payment seems to be in exchange for services rendered (the pulling and killing of the mobs). If they wanna charge based on experience gained, like a Bard PL, then fine; but ya can't have it both ways.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

You should have just perma-trained them til a GM removed you from the game. Eat a 7 day, go outside, come back.
Old 07-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Banned

You're the person paying for the pull, how much exp you get or don't get is literally not in your hands. whoever was selling you that proxy spot is a complete dumbass. Start paying him in condoms so he cant reproduce please! <3
Old 07-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when people ask me to go dps for them in chardok i say yes but actually go afk
fantastic
Closed Thread