Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Default Ranger Leveling first 40 lvls

I wanted to level a ranger, but with most melee i wanted him to be geared a little to make it enjoyable. My Question is With the gear that I have right now How far Can I solo with ease ?

Iksar Ceremonial ChestPlate
Silver Chitin Hand Wraps
Jade Mace / Lam
Banded everywhere else

I was hoping to just crush the first lvls easy but when will it really slow down?

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

If intent on DW you might change out the Jade for a Wurmslayer at lvl 30. That will do more damage until mid 50’s when your damage bonus starts closing the gap.

From panic animal to mid 40’s solo ranger is cake. After that it’s mob scarcity (WL tigerapters start greening) more than ability. I got a tolan’s bracer and did 45-54 bow rotting in HHk and various guards.

After that I dunno, still 54. Got tired of index finger clicks. Maybe grouping in KC?
Old 01-07-2019, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

After Tigeraptors go green in WL, shift to EJ... raging gorillas, raging tigers, and giant frenzied leeches are all animals and should con blue for soloing with Panic Animal if you can't get a group in CoM.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

That set will get you to panic animal easily. I remember reaping through yellow and even occasional red snow leopards, they were butter to my hot knife silver swiftblade

Ranger is a great facetank soloing up until haze golems. After that their lack of defence skill ups makes them fall behind. They do get better at mitigating again at 51; I think there is a worn AC softcap that gets relieved then.

I did a lot of facetank soloing in ivy etched armour through the mid levels. Grouped in velks and kael which gave me the gear to solo Karnors Castle. I then got sky shrine quest armor to solo velks. Once I got both epics and haste cloak by 59 I was soloing frenzied velium broodling (was time consuming). I eventually dinged farming crap and keys for alts in TT.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Let me know if this sounds right.

I am just going to use jade Mace or Lamentation untill 20 then switch to Silver Swiftblade. When I hit 22 I should just focus on fear kiting animals untill forever?
Old 01-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Also whats a good bow i can use at the beginning levels. Something cheap but effective
Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Runed Oak Bow is really nice at low levels.

It lacks stats, and has a shorter range than most bows, but is very cheap and does good damage. You'll find that a Runed Oak Bow + 150 range arrows should be sufficient for most of your pulling needs.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also whats a good bow i can use at the beginning levels. Something cheap but effective
Get me 12 kiola nuts from Sister Island in OOT to help replenish my supply of Tumpy Tonics, find me online in Gfay, and I will make you a Trueshot Longbow.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get me 12 kiola nuts from Sister Island in OOT to help replenish my supply of Tumpy Tonics, find me online in Gfay, and I will make you a Trueshot Longbow.
deal
Old 01-07-2019, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deal
You will find me online after 11pm EDT on Friday nights, and between 12pm-6pm this Sunday, so no rush. I have your bow ready to trade. Kiola nuts are not stackable, FYI.

Closed Thread