Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 03:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think the necro heals work like that anymore. They used to only drain about 2/3 of the hit points they healed. Now I think it's 3/3.
It works.

You can also cancel magic on yourself to give free heals.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It works.

You can also cancel magic on yourself to give free heals.
Ya, you can cancel magic on it, but it's a pian n the ass unles you want to run around with no buffs on due to dispells being semi-random now. And I'm pretty darn sure heals are all 1 for 1 ratio now. So two people casting on each other accomplish nothing but waste mana.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

Necro heals only cost like 10 mana but make up for it by costing the caster health/tick. The healing on the spell is greater than the health cost so with two necros casting their heals on each other the healing component from the other necro’s heal out does the loss of health component for their own spell. It works similar to how shaman gain net mana from torpor+canni because torpor is so cheap.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

Very specific case - but 2x druids duoing all of bear pits is pretty nutty.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro heals only cost like 10 mana but make up for it by costing the caster health/tick. The healing on the spell is greater than the health cost so with two necros casting their heals on each other the healing component from the other necro’s heal out does the loss of health component for their own spell. It works similar to how shaman gain net mana from torpor+canni because torpor is so cheap.
Like i said I'm pretty sure that's been changed for awhile now. The necro heal line is now 1 hp for 1 hp. Unless they for some reason changed it back again.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro/Necro - Both can heal, FD, Rez, Mez, CC, have the highest mana regen in the game, and do insane dps, and can also double pet or even double charm. There are more powerful duo's, but this is an extremely versitle and unique duo, with near limitless potential.

One of my favorite parts about dual Necro duo's is they get free unlimited heals. If both necro's cast Shadowbond on each other (Heal over time spell) The spells cancel each other out on the health cost, and the 10 mana cost is negated by Lich, so both get free heals from it.
Necro/Necro is pretty good. Not being able to use the same DOTs is a little annoying though, but then again, pets do so much damage that most mobs fall before DOT's have a chance to reach their full effectiveness.

This is all so subjective to where and what the duo is hunting. If its a decent static camp, necro/necro is great. But if there is a lot of movement, having to pull as a necro means no medding, and loss of HP with lich.

My favorite duo has always been Monk/Nec. Both classes compliment eachother well, and with FD, you can get in and out of places without much risk.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Bard+Wiz is fastest XP in the game
Old 05-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard+Wiz is fastest XP in the game
Possibly true but a little misleading. The bard isn't going to gain anything by teaming with the wizard. Most of the time in swarm kiting is spent rounding mobs up, not killing them. it's also highly based on the zone/mob availability and if you are feeding 2 players with the swarm kiting exp you need a twice as demanding access to mobs.
Closed Thread