Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 11:44 PM
Banned

posting random out of context images would indicate that it is you who is

✓nerve struck
Old 05-05-2021, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t understand what you’re saying. Are you redefining certain unemployed people as “idle”?

This doesn’t have to be some deep philosophical take: You’re either employed or you’re not.
Well the poll question was "unemployed" not "not employed" so I was commenting on that. Unemployment occurs when a person who is actively searching for employment is unable to find work, that is the traditional meaning.

If you're living off investments or other passive income, you're not a worker but you're also not unemployed. Same if you're a minor and don't need to work because your custodians provide for you.
Old 05-05-2021, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

The fault lies with the poll maker, obviously too distracted by the witty 9/11 composition to provide a poll free of false dichotomies.
Old 05-05-2021, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

We're just bunching the unemployed and not employed together for this poll sir. I voted unemployed for the record. Cecily had a good assessment tho that is where u get the nicest but also the most insane.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Being in a PhD program (during COVID) has afforded me a lot of opportunities to multitask. Been semi-afking for months now, many many hours a day.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're just bunching the unemployed and not employed together for this poll sir. I voted unemployed for the record. Cecily had a good assessment tho that is where u get the nicest but also the most insane.
Yep. In game super nice here I'll even log out if someone doesn't want to share and go play alts. I fight ppl in pvp to try and give them a challenge or not be an easy kill. I don't play to win or dominate. Or troll in game.

I often just let ppl take items in grp rather than trying to sell them in EC. Or hoard them for an alt. But I think I'm going to maybe change this behavior unless it's a real friend who wants it.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Word on the street is- The unemployed are currently partyin at Drusella's. All day, every day.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That should come with the disclaimer that I have been both a functional low wage hardcore raider and one of the crazy unemployed. Not bashing entire demographics for the hell of it. I function better when I'm working and can vouch for focusing on EQ drama all day isn't healthy. That can change your perspective on what's important in life into something incredibly narrow and ultimately pointless. Probably how addiction goes in general.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:19 PM
Banned

Wink

hugs and enjoyment
Old 05-06-2021, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That should come with the disclaimer that I have been both a functional low wage hardcore raider and one of the crazy unemployed. Not bashing entire demographics for the hell of it. I function better when I'm working and can vouch for focusing on EQ drama all day isn't healthy. That can change your perspective on what's important in life into something incredibly narrow and ultimately pointless. Probably how addiction goes in general.
Closed Thread