Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Kobold

Default What's up with the server?

I've been trying for awhile to log-in and there is currently only 19 ppl on. I hit Play Everquest, and a minute later, I'm booted to the log-in screen. There's nothing on the P99 homepage about any issues or patches, unless I'm missing something.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Kobold

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79990

Seems to happen from time to time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Login servers down. Server admin's are probably at work and don't have time to correct the issue immediately.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Ah! People can remotely start their cars, wonder if they can make one to reboot the servers :P
Old 07-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedarksun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah! People can remotely start their cars, wonder if they can make one to reboot the servers :P
Sure they can, it's just that the folks who have the keys to do remote server management may not know there's an issue.

I don't know if the p99 server is set up for this kind of management, but it is a common thing in computing. These folks are slick enough I'd be surprised if the requisite features for this type of management are not already enabled. They just don't know it needs resetting, or cannot perform the action right now.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure they can, it's just that the folks who have the keys to do remote server management may not know there's an issue.

I don't know if the p99 server is set up for this kind of management, but it is a common thing in computing. These folks are slick enough I'd be surprised if the requisite features for this type of management are not already enabled. They just don't know it needs resetting, or cannot perform the action right now.
This is bottom 95% box, top top 5% box. Rexx is chained up in Nilbogs basement snapping G.I. Joe sized whips off at hamsters running in wheels so we can get our 15 year old game fix pal. Right now, it's probably "mirror time" where Rexx sits in front of a mirror and wishes for all that isn't.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i will go with too busy i.e. at work. I know rogean gets texts of any server issues directly from the server. Just be patient, take a walk outside! =D
Old 07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i will go with too busy i.e. at work. I know rogean gets texts of any server issues directly from the server. Just be patient, take a walk outside! =D
SOME OF US MELT IN SUNLIGHT YOU KNOW!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybach 2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is bottom 95% box, top top 5% box. Rexx is chained up in Nilbogs basement snapping G.I. Joe sized whips off at hamsters running in wheels so we can get our 15 year old game fix pal. Right now, it's probably "mirror time" where Rexx sits in front of a mirror and wishes for all that isn't.
Look, that's all well and good, but if we forget to change the thoxin filters underneath the cucumber port, we're going to run a high risk that the hamsters will all elect gender reassignment surgery under the effects of higher-than-normal exhaust and be out of the wheel for months!

Do you understand? Do you realize what will happen?!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Guys, just talked to the server admins..... bad news....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]