Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

what level is your R99 SK swishy?
Old 10-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

I never made on one red (yet) because the items are all stupid prices... but someday I will. Very much a SK at heart when it comes to tanking, not sure I could work as a warrior or paladin without getting pissed off about it.

...was 58 on blue though before retiring. If a new server came up tomorrow I'd roll a SK in an instant <3
Old 10-31-2015, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

paladins are so much better than shadow knights. SKs just have more cool factor.
Old 10-31-2015, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
paladins are so much better than shadow knights. SKs just have more cool factor.
Why do you say that? About paladins being so much better? Enlighten us....
Old 10-31-2015, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe Lay on Hands has an edge over Harm Touch, but thats only because HT can be resisted. Other than that, SK all the way <3
Old 10-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

I'm with you Swish. I've played both. Pally takes longer to develop (FoL early and then 22 for stun I think? versus DC and CD both early (and arguably better.))

They can be dwarves, so there's that? Ninja flip might bring them slightly closer to SK until you remember feign death...
Old 10-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

paladins have a buff in velious now i guess
Old 11-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry Swish, skilled paladins are better group tanks than SKs. Multiple stun spells make for instant aggro, followed up with FoL to secure hate. The stuns allow for spell interrupts, which SK's don't have. A pally can park mobs for CC and breaking mez. Strong healing spells allow the pally to heal not only during downtime but in battle. This can allow the group healers to save mana, and at times, save lives. And of course, LoH. SK's are superior pullers to most, but monks are better in that realm.

As someone mentioned earlier, there are a lot people approaching P99 the way that they would new MMO's, which is with the mindset of end game raiding. What they are overlooking is the fact that the majority of P99 are not doing cutting edge raid content. And no one cares what class you bring to Hate/Fear and other lower tier raids. EverQuest is about building your character and most of your time in this game is spent either in groups or solo (depending on your preference). Frankly, if you're playing EQ simply to raid, then it's the race and the politics you enjoy, not the challenge of content. If you're playing this game for challenging raid content, you're playing the wrong game.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:54 AM
Planar Protector

BTW Swish, if you ever do seriously decide to Red Paladin I have a Sword of Mourning on a retired paladin someone gave me because there were literally no rich paladins to sell it to.

Thanks whoever gave me that all those years ago!
Old 11-01-2015, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

disease cloud, although high threat, does not pair well with cc.