Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dalnir Zoneline.
the brutes in WW just next to Dalnir ZL are the cheesiest 27-31 for a twink warrior ^^
i did it on my gnome warrior (fungi, haste, staff of battle, bla bla) and it was super fast and i made many plats selling the brute hides once i was done (also i could sell and bank in OT outpost so that helped).

then i did try the dalnir ZL but i found the clerics to be troublesome... it was just very long to kill them, even with a shield and bash (could've helped to be a big race with slam i guess?)... didn't really like it.

for inspiration,

This is what I did on my warrior ...

21~22 Highpass Gnolls
23~25 Najena
26 OoT isle goblins
27~30 WW brute cave
31 WW giant fort
32 Najena
33~35 SK/Splitpaw Entrance
35~40 Mistmoore

and on my SK ...

LVL 23~27 Stonebrunt Mountains - Kobolds
LVL 27~35 Solusek's Eye - Fire Goblins / Gnomes
Old 01-24-2018, 07:07 AM
Fire Giant

uguk

other than the best exp available, it's tons of fun to tank 2-3 frogs at a time, the pulling the aggroing the training are all crazy fun
Old 01-24-2018, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then i did try the dalnir ZL but i found the clerics to be troublesome... it was just very long to kill them, even with a shield and bash (could've helped to be a big race with slam i guess?)... didn't really like it.
Slam and bash share a cooldown. So if you are using a shield you are not missing any opportunity to bash by being small. Being big means that you can still slam while not using a shield, thats nice of course.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:33 PM
Banned

Isn’t bash superior to slam for interrupt purposes?
Old 01-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

My point was that as a big race you can keep higher dps (two handed weapon or nice dual wield) while still having the ability to interrupt (slam). As a small warrior I still need the same dps, but I then can't use bash. When soloing clerics as a warrior I tried the 1h+shield to interrupt nonetheless but the dps was gimp ;A;
Old 01-24-2018, 04:19 PM
Banned

LOIO Sarkank fort is a really great suggestion. Only problem is you will occationally the 'freak' mob that is like 4 levels higher than anything else around it. Its super easy to get overwhelmed with adds. If you could get like a duo going 25-33 I think this would be ideal.

Benefits:

Bracer of Hidden - Sarnak Earrings of Station - Jade Chokidai Prod
Old 01-24-2018, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Just swap in a shield, bash, and unequip. You might lose like 1 offhand swing at the most and none if you time it right.
Old 01-24-2018, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just swap in a shield, bash, and unequip. You might lose like 1 offhand swing at the most and none if you time it right.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:23 PM
Fire Giant

myeah, i know buddy, tried that a bit too, but that's not as practical as it sounds, those cleric mobs really are not good soloing targets for a warrior not matter how you put it hehe.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Bidbo what lvl are you now? Where are you xping?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Closed Thread