Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Kobold

Default Something wrong with Oasis

I can log into and zone into every level-appropriate zone for my character except oasis.

If I zone into or try to log into oasis, it fails at 100 percent loaded on the bar without throwing an error. It just stays there forever. I have to be able to play in or travel through oasis as an ogre.

I have installed many times, I have tried on wifi and wired, I have done everything I could find in this and other forums.

Can anyone think of anything I can do?
Old 11-11-2019, 12:38 AM
Kobold

At this point, I've even used multiple legal sources for the files themselves. I can log in all my chars but this one. If he dies during his linkdead time, I can run him back to oasis where the cycle begins anew.

I'm basically falling behind and despairing of ever playing this server again. Any help would be truly appreciated.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Dunno what to say about Oasis but I'm sure a guide would be willing to help you out
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 11-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Problem persists.

I've tried rebooting router, I've tried reinstalling from multiple legal sources, I've tried deleting character specific files, I've changed all the compatibility settings to every available option, I've run as administrator.

Just one character in one zone appears to be the trouble (although he does crash on zone a ton or did back when he could play). I'm ready to ask Rogean to see if he can log him in, but I'm sure he's far too busy. I don't have any real life friends who can play or even who are gamers.

If anyone has thoughts, I'd appreciate them. I'm quickly getting into a position where I will not be able to enjoy the green experience.

Edit: gets stuck either at one of the following two locations in logs:
2019-11-13 14:49:44 Received an item via EQI_STARTING_ITEM at loc 2004
2019-11-13 14:54:40 DoMainLoop: just before first while(!ReadyEnterWorld).

Every once in 20 or 30 tries, he gets in. Usually after I've logged in another char and logged out, but VERY rarely. It takes more than an hour most of the time. I can't group or do anything this way. Because, if we have to zone, I'm done for the next couple hours because I'm absolutely going to crash on zone and be unable to re-enter oasis. Just playing somewhere else isn't feasible. I'm an ogre, I have to be able to go through oasis.

I've checked my inventory for lore items. I have none.
Last edited by Zarniwooop; 11-13-2019 at 03:58 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Kobold

Additional data: I ran my level 1 monk to oasis and he crashed on zoning. Every other try my monk fails to log in in oasis. My war succeeds once every 20 to 50 tries. It appears to be a problem only in oasis. I've loaded oasis files from multiple sources. I'm absolutely pulling my hair out.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I know you said that you have tried every conceivable setting but one thing that will cause a crash is having a disparity in your video settings. EQ needs to be set the same as your monitor resolution.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Yeah, video settings are same as resolution. That would cause a problem with all zones.