Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 03:12 AM
Kobold

Default "Camp holding" policy clarification

Hi guys,

Was holding the AC camp and went LD. The person waiting for the next spot was present and mentioned that LD means that you forfeit the camp, but she wasn't a jerk and would let me retain it. This was between spawns, my disconnect happened after the previous kill, and I reconnected prior to the next pop (though it was a bit longer than crash->login as it required a restart to get back in).

In looking for a ruling, I found this:

Quote:
If you die, go LD or leave the zone you can lose the camp if another player calls you on it. SF, AC, Lucan are no exceptions.
But the remainder of the post goes on to elaborate that discretion is key, and any "lawyerquest" or similar outside of the PNP would be met with less than supportive GM decisions. Similarly, there is this thread that states:

Quote:
In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off.
This uses the phrase 'log off,' that sounds a bit more deliberate than 'ld,' but again, I'm not trying to put words/intentions in the developers mouths.

So how is it? Any 'ld' at a camp means forfeit? Opinions? Harder/faster rules from admins that can weigh in on the situation?
Old 05-19-2019, 03:34 AM
Aviak

They were kind, you lost the camp when you went LD

[57 Master] Maldarian (Human) <Dawn Believers>
[25 Necromancer] Sepikis (Iksar) <Dawn Believers>
[31 Bard] Legendario (Half Elf) <Dawn Believers>
[23 Ranger] Suaveh (Half Elf) <Auld Lang Syne>
Old 05-19-2019, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

As long as you were back before the next spawn the camp was yours. You have to kill a PH to claim a camp. If you are keeping the PHers down you are fine. If a PH spawns and some else kills it.....you're fucked out of the camp
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-19-2019, 05:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to kill a PH to claim a camp.
Hadden thread taught us this is untrue. Whoever gets there first can claim the camp between spawns if no one is holding it.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi guys,

In looking for a ruling, I found this:

But the remainder of the post goes on to elaborate that discretion is key, and any "lawyerquest" or similar outside of the PNP would be met with less than supportive GM decisions. Similarly, there is this thread that states:

So how is it? Any 'ld' at a camp means forfeit? Opinions? Harder/faster rules from admins that can weigh in on the situation?

Technically, LD means you could lose your camp if you come back and someone else has claimed it. Yep. While it does talk about other things, it's quite specific about that. Most of the rest being talked about is when you should engage a mob that's being camped yet the camper isn't killing the mob in a timely manner. Completely different matter.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:41 AM
Sarnak

If you leave the zone (die / PC crash etc.) for any reason you no longer have a claim to the camp.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:12 AM
Sarnak

That person was really cool, you lost camp when you went LD.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:33 AM
Aviak

As everyone else said, you lose the camp but not many people would claim any camp because of an LD with quickish return...we play in a small sandbox that isn’t going anywhere, no reason to be rude
Old 05-19-2019, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They were kind, you lost the camp when you went LD
This. It was very nice of them.

If you leave the zone for any reason you technically lose the camp.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-19-2019, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as you were back before the next spawn the camp was yours. You have to kill a PH to claim a camp. If you are keeping the PHers down you are fine. If a PH spawns and some else kills it.....you're fucked out of the camp
This is the nice thing to do...but I don't think you are correct.

Killing the PH isn't the only requirement to "hold" a camp. You also have to be in the zone, you have to be reasonably nearby.

If I'm camping the AC and decide to port and gate back between kills I will rightfully lose the camp...even if I make it back before the next pop. If I decide to camp out to do a fast transfer on another char between kills its the same thing.

Ofc, if you see someone go LD the nice thing to do is to give them the camp back if they make it back pretty quickly.
Closed Thread