Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Aviak

@loramin - If you think you'd make quick progress on the front end, go for it. Or we could maybe get a Discord channel and chat about it back and forth until we come up with something. I setup a mediawiki on my local machine and have the tracker installed, but it would take some time to process how it functions and where to make changes and I've got several competing things right now. It's good to see Ravhin is available to help and has already made logs for each server uploadable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Baler, there is already an outliers check in the algorithm
Old 11-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Baler, there is already an outliers check in the algorithm
must be new-er then.

edit: https://wiki.project1999.com/Velium_...amond_Bracelet
All Time Avg
1688470 ± 60165109

All Time Range
1 / 2147483647

https://wiki.project1999.com/Black_S...elium_Necklace

editedit: here is an example of data that's far below price which would affect the graph dramatically
https://wiki.project1999.com/Crown_of_King_Tranix

I hope you'll please excuse my forum behavior for I try to put my best foot forwards for the wiki.
These are not demands but merely concerns for an issue I've noticed.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-10-2019 at 03:18 PM..
Old 11-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

It's done: thanks to Ravhin the wiki now has auction trackers for every server!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@loramin - If you think you'd make quick progress on the front end, go for it. Or we could maybe get a Discord channel and chat about it back and forth until we come up with something. I setup a mediawiki on my local machine and have the tracker installed, but it would take some time to process how it functions and where to make changes and I've got several competing things right now. It's good to see Ravhin is available to help and has already made logs for each server uploadable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made quick progress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BUT ... it's awesome that you have a "dev instance" of media wiki, and as I'm sure Ravhin will agree there are LOTS of ideas for things that people would love to see that are server-side only, that he just doesn't have time for.

For that matter, there are plenty of things that are front-end only, that I don't have time for. On that end, you can see the entirety of the wiki's front-end code at:

http://wiki.project1999.com/MediaWiki:Common.js

There are sub-files for various parts of the wiki (eg. the Per-Level Hunting Guide has a ton of unique filtering logic, so got its own JS file), but you can see them all referenced from that one. You'll need me (or another wiki admin) to add new JS (or CSS) code, but by using the browser dev tools you can write/test such code completely independently, and then just send it to an admin to be added when it's ready.

Whether you, or anyone else, wants to help on the front-end, back-end or some combination, we'd all welcome more enhancements. And if you have any questions, just ask me (unless it's PHP-related, in which case you have to pester Ravhin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

First, Thank You Ravhin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's done: thanks to Ravhin the wiki now has auction trackers for every server!
Is it complete?
This is what I see with firefox

Old 11-10-2019, 04:07 PM
Aviak

Excellent work Ravhin and Loramin! I am also seeing the blank tab box on most items, which may be a small bug with it, but the items it is working on looks perfect! I haven't been able to test the cookie/tab saving yet.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Stein_of_Moggok

Ah okay I see now. Yeah that's amazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Baler; 11-10-2019 at 04:24 PM..
Old 11-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Excellent work Ravhin and Loramin! I am also seeing the blank tab box on most items, which may be a small bug with it, but the items it is working on looks perfect! I haven't been able to test the cookie/tab saving yet.
Cookie- (or rather "localStorage-") saving isn't in yet: it's a future enhancement I'll make when I can find the time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Doesn’t seem to be working for anything except the linked stein of moggok
Old 11-10-2019, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

I nuked the entire cache (poor server), should be working globally now.

p.s. Baler there is a new interface for admins to fix bad prices, so just bring any (like those) to their attention
Old 11-11-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravhin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I nuked the entire cache (poor server), should be working globally now.

p.s. Baler there is a new interface for admins to fix bad prices, so just bring any (like those) to their attention