Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-28-2021, 10:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Same here. New account, new password. DB Error.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:40 AM
Large Rat

DB Error here too... Anyone find anything that helped?
Old 04-13-2021, 03:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm receiving this DB error as well, I'm running Windows10.

I'm a returning player, I havnt played on P99 since 2018. I wanted to play again (now 2021, roughly 3 years later) on a new computer, and also playing from a different country. I installed a new Titanium, and reset my forum password.

In the setup steps on the forum guide I could honestly not remember if I had an EQemu account. I tried to type in the username and email to link them if I had one, but it kept telling me there was no match, so I chose the option to skip it. I saw that 'Step 5 - Game Setup' says it's not completed, but there's nothing left for me to do when I click the thread it link. I launched titanium through the 'Launch titanium' shortcut the guide suggests and try to login, but receive the DB error.

https://imgur.com/a/HfxkLDn <-- DB

It still says my Step 5 - Game Setup is still not completed, so I'm kinda of stuck with what to do now.

https://imgur.com/ZtxmUbo <-- Getting started CP

I tried reinstalling and making a really simple password but I have the same problem.
Any help would be appreciated, I'd really like to continue playing my character where I left off. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2021, 09:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

So, I figured it out, it's pretty simple. As it says in the guide, your forum account isn't the same as your Loginserver account. A DB error in this case is just wrong password for the account you're trying to log in with. My old Loginserver account name was different from my forum name.

Go here to change the password for your Loginserver account.

https://imgur.com/a/BIC5SQh

I got the sms sent to my phone, changed the Loginserver password and used the correct Loginserver account name, and was able to log in. I had a feeling it was something simple like that, but it's an honest confusion. Hopefully this helps.

[Edit] Basically, I was trying to log in to the game with my forum account, when I should have used the Loginserver account, derp.
Last edited by KTqt; 04-13-2021 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: tldr
Old 07-09-2023, 03:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

+! same issue