Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 10-02-2022, 07:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Tired of being a scrub cleric

Lvl 45 CLR and I'm embarrassed of my crap gear. It's a mix of handme downs, banded and lots of empty slots.

I have 5k to spend, but not sure how to spend it. Part of me thinks I need plate with CHA for lulls, but given that I'm mostly sitting in groups it feels wasted. So plate + wis seems the obvious choice. But should I prioritize plate or the wis? Given I'm rarely FM the extra mana would only serve to give me a nice started boost but be useless after the first couple of spells.

In short, I'd like to pointed in a direction and then I'll chase the gear from there.

Thanks for your input and time.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Prioritize mana/wis gear. If you mostly group you probably won't be the primary luller, and if you are getting beat up your group isn't doing their job.

You are correct that Max Mana isn't always useful if you never run out of mana and are never at FM. However, your group may run into an emergency, and then you will be dumping mana. More max mana means you will probably have more mana available when said emergency comes.

Also, you will be prioritizing mana anyway if you ever decide to raid. More mana means more CHs in the chain before you oom.

If you are lulling a lot, https://wiki.project1999.com/Donal%2...er_of_Mourning is a good piece, albeit pricey for your current budget. Then you won't waste any mana on lulling.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Water_S...f_the_Forgiven is cheap, and is very useful when combined with lull.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Donal%2...es_of_Mourning are a free heal, but the cast time is lengthy. Probably not too useful in a group, but it could save mana if you are healing someone who is taking a quick AFK break.

You could also just save up for Epic, since that is going to be your most important piece. I know having crappy gear can be annoying psychologically, but that would be the best bang for your buck.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 10-02-2022 at 10:05 AM..
Old 10-02-2022, 10:16 PM
Orc

Focus on wis/mana gear. More mana=more heals. There are tons of cheap wis/mana gear you can purchase that won't force you to go broke. Honestly, forget about plate. A lot of the gear you'll end up getting won't even be plate and any AC you get from it won't be more valuable than getting you're mana pool higher. And unless you're puller is coming in with a train, it's ok to not be a FM. You're always supposed to be sitting and medding anyways when you're not casting.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:59 AM
Orc

Get jboots if you don't have them.
Then get your epic.
Then as the others have said, whatever you like.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you all for the suggestions. It'll be tough to save for the epic as the money starts to burn a hole in my pocket at about the 5k mark but I can't see how that would ever go wrong so I just got to stick to that plan.
Old 10-03-2022, 04:05 PM
Fire Giant

The only part of the epic worth buying is the scroll,and it isn't that expensive.
If your on green, there are farm crews that will kill ragefire/ixi for you in exchange for the loot.
Blue probably has similar
Old 10-04-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Race? Dwarf cultural is da stuff, human cultural (chosen correctly and depending also diety) also great. Hole gear also good. No ac though.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Race? Dwarf cultural is da stuff, human cultural (chosen correctly and depending also diety) also great. Hole gear also good. No ac though.
HFL Cleric, of course. And no, I can't SoW you nor port you to Commons.
Old 11-04-2022, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Hit the wisdom soft-cap and then balance mana/wis gear depending on what gives you more.

Some items are very cheap for the mana gains you get. Pearl Kedge Totem for example. I recently spent about 12k bumping up my cleric. No raid gear here at all; some of those cheaper items are still in play. Toxigen's list is really solid.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Chapman