Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 11-17-2022, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you’re dumping a mana bar “charm killing several mobs” then you’re doing something really wrong lol.

Should be able to go a long time medding/breaking at low and finishing with either root neck or something cheap.
Well charm is 170 mana. So 10 casts of that is all of my mana bar. Plus snares, and re-casts on resists(snare, charm/ early breaks). and then 150 mana for a gate back to commons.

So I can get maybe 12-15 before i need to go mana up. As opposed to classic zones, where i can just manastone intermittently and let my regen heal me up
Old 11-17-2022, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

also seems to be a pretty wide level range on stonegazer chickens, sabretooth tigers, and spiked succulents. sometimes a tiger will rip through one of them and have 80% hp at the end. other times its a close fight. doing a level in about 1-1.5 hours at llevel 41-43 so far.

its great, working well. just prefer the passive mana regen from MS clicks while fighting / letting fungi regen me up
Old 11-18-2022, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well charm is 170 mana. So 10 casts of that is all of my mana bar. Plus snares, and re-casts on resists(snare, charm/ early breaks). and then 150 mana for a gate back to commons.

So I can get maybe 12-15 before i need to go mana up. As opposed to classic zones, where i can just manastone intermittently and let my regen heal me up
snare is a waste of mana at your level. It's fine 50+ with epic or snare earring. just keep the enemy rooted, preferably with the root necklace(if you went tunare), and recharm your pet from afar(you have the gear to take hits if needed). if youre getting lots of charm resists/early breaks then youre charming too high level of mobs. And im guessing that is your primary issue. Also you should be charming equivalent level mobs. Just a lot of lost efficiency here. Manastone is cool but youre just using more APM than necessary my dude.

Good luck
Old 11-18-2022, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also seems to be a pretty wide level range on stonegazer chickens, sabretooth tigers, and spiked succulents. sometimes a tiger will rip through one of them and have 80% hp at the end. other times its a close fight. doing a level in about 1-1.5 hours at llevel 41-43 so far.

its great, working well. just prefer the passive mana regen from MS clicks while fighting / letting fungi regen me up
Should invest in this at level 49:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Earring_of_Woven_Bark

I assume you have a velious wrist for drones click right?

Also, are you Tunare? The DS gloves are insanely strong for charm solo.
Old 11-19-2022, 08:52 PM
Fire Giant

At 45 it's much diffwrent. Got an assembly line kinda thing going. Charm a tiger, round up like 4-5 mobs, root em, DS tiger, send tiger in until mobs are low. (Tigers are highest level of almost any other and can usually get like 3-4 cactus, tigress, rhino or birds to 20% before it's at 20%). /Pet back at 20% and attack next mob.

Keep going down the line until tiger is like 10-20% and brrak charm. Drones on all the low mobs. Root clickie, drones clickie

If tiger is low before all mobs are dead I get a new tiger. It may not be terribly efficient, but I'm full mana afterwards and it reminds me of permafrost shaman epic root rotting
Old 11-21-2022, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should invest in this at level 49:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Earring_of_Woven_Bark
This item isn't very good on a server where you can't med while casting. Snare costs a very tiny amount of mana and is a 2 second cast. Using a 4.5 second clicky means you are often going to miss out on med ticks in comparison, so you aren't saving mana in the end. It can free up a skill slot, but having a fast casting snare ready is something you're going to want a lot of the time.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:28 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This item isn't very good on a server where you can't med while casting. Snare costs a very tiny amount of mana and is a 2 second cast. Using a 4.5 second clicky means you are often going to miss out on med ticks in comparison, so you aren't saving mana in the end. It can free up a skill slot, but having a fast casting snare ready is something you're going to want a lot of the time.
ticks are 6 seconds, there's plenty of time to cast between that if you're watching your mana ticks
Old 11-23-2022, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is that try-hard. It saves you a spell slot. Bigly good.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ticks are 6 seconds, there's plenty of time to cast between that if you're watching your mana ticks
That's not how it works when you're running around pulling. The time it takes to cast a bunch of 4.5 second spells, as opposed to 2 second casts, inherently means you have spent time that instead could have been used meditating. It also means you've simply wasted time in how long it takes to do a quad. It's especially time-wasting if you're pulling things that aggro together, because it means after the first snare lands, you're going to have to spend more time running to get full distance so that your 4.5 second snare lands before they get in bash range.

The same can be said for various other combat scenarios. Quick casting spells are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is that try-hard.
There is nothing try hard about meditating or having a fast casting snare.

You need better understanding of game mechanics or the concept of time expenditure.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

I did overthere basically 100% from 39-49. It's great 45-48, because lots of blues still. Sabertooth tigers are also OP, so with drones xlicky I was able to kill 4-6 mobs off of one charm cast.

At 48 I did walruses in EW with great success.

Went to bats at 49 and it's been gangbusters (52 now)