Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-06-2023, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

When I was active on Blue we were just giving Frostbringers away. Very easy to just kill a bunch of dragons for head to replace it.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-06-2023, 11:04 AM
Banned

diD U evEN rEAd tHe WiKi?
(lol)
Old 01-06-2023, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lower Guk is beyond the reach of a level 1 Dark Elf Warrior.
Not if you have a main capable of soloing or grouping Lower Guk.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not if you have a main capable of soloing or grouping Lower Guk.
Could you not access Velious content during Classic era?
Old 01-06-2023, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Congrats on understanding how time works. We don’t have to crank cars to start them either.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congrats on understanding how time works. We don’t have to crank cars to start them either.
Then don't call classic. It's false advertising.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:33 AM
Banned

One thing I miss from classic were the players outside every major city begging any high level looking player in /tells for spare coins. Really gave the game sort of a real word vibe with them as the local homeless

One thing I like about P99 is enchanter charm never fades. I can log out, come back the next day and still have something charmed. Thanks devs, will send more $ soon
Old 01-06-2023, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing I miss from classic were the players outside every major city begging any high level looking player in /tells for spare coins. Really gave the game sort of a real word vibe with them as the local homeless

One thing I like about P99 is enchanter charm never fades. I can log out, come back the next day and still have something charmed. Thanks devs, will send more $ soon
The greatest thing about the early days is that it was a brand new experience and people were more genuine.

There was no guild full of druids dedicated to making money. That is an alien concept when it comes to classic gameplay.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was no guild full of druids dedicated to making money. That is an alien concept when it comes to classic gameplay.
Classic Everquest had guilds like "Legion of the Little Folk" which only invited Dwarves, Halflings, or Gnomes.

So there were definitely joke/special guilds out there. It's not like people didn't communicate or have fun with each other.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic Everquest had guilds like "Legion of the Little Folk" which only invited Dwarves, Halflings, or Gnomes.

So there were definitely joke/special guilds out there. It's not like people didn't communicate or have fun with each other.
Roleplay is classic because roleplay is fun.

Dial A Port isn't roleplay. It's a business operation. Dial A Port is Goldman Sachs not an adventurer. It just wants money, that's all, just like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet do.