Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 01-09-2023, 12:12 AM
Banned

Default Banned for a week for killing mobs that were stolen from me.

Was in unrest killing basement with a group. Some group members didnt like a mage in our group and demanded he/she be kicked. I said "no" and they left group to form their own group to take over basement camp.

They started to kill steal and take mobs. I told my lvl 29 mage groupmate to hold tight and logged in my level 55 mage. This was still our camp, and these thief's were not going to take it from us.
sceryun
Fast forward and hour later and I get a /tell from Visceryn telling me Im in the wrong and bans me for a week.

So its OK to take over any group in the game, and if the original group complains just report them and a GM will swoop down and ban you.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Completely Justified Ban.

You had a problem.

You handled it wrong.

The first line of conflict resolution on p99 is players working it out themselves. This resolves 95% of conflicts.

Instead, You brought in your 55 mage which could dominate the entire zone, effectively becoming the kill stealer yourself. When you logged off, you relinquished any rights to any mobs.

1 week ban is a slap on the wrist for this offense. You basically got mad at someone and then went home, got a gun, returned to the scene and murdered someone.

Enjoy your time off.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

I once had Sirken DT me for this exact same thing. I was root rotting the single ghoul at the back of the house in unrest when some enchanter decided it was going to be their pet. They didn't care that it was rooted or 20% health. They charmed it. The charm broke, I killed it got my xp... next spawn, the did it again.

I changed to my 60 and started killing all their mobs.

Short explanation: GMs only honor who petitions first. They don't actually give a shit who is in the right or wrong.

Lesson: Be the first to cry.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely Justified Ban.

You had a problem.

You handled it wrong.

The first line of conflict resolution on p99 is players working it out themselves. This resolves 95% of conflicts.

Instead, You brought in your 55 mage which could dominate the entire zone, effectively becoming the kill stealer yourself. When you logged off, you relinquished any rights to any mobs.

1 week ban is a slap on the wrist for this offense. You basically got mad at someone and then went home, got a gun, returned to the scene and murdered someone.

Enjoy your time off.

LOL you're comparing less than 10 mobs in a VIDEO GAME to a murder IRL. You need to touch some grass and get a life my mentally confused friend. Seek help.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:05 AM
Banned

Update: Visceryn doesnt care, probably friends with them. 7 day ban for killing mobs in youre own camp is banned, says Visceryn.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:17 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigasLugian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update: Visceryn doesnt care, probably friends with them. 7 day ban for killing mobs in youre own camp is banned, says Visceryn.
You logged off and got your lvl 55... There was no "owning" the camp. That is literally just Kill Stealing.

Right Answer: Petition to GM, Explain situation.

Wrong Answer: "Screw you guys I'll just make my own party with Elements and mages... You know what screw that I'll just come murder the camp for no purpose besides throwing a tantrum.

It isn't "Aww he threw a tantrum lets look at why... aww he was right" No it's "He threw a tantrum, that is immature, there is a door."
Old 01-09-2023, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkennewbie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You logged off and got your lvl 55... There was no "owning" the camp. That is literally just Kill Stealing.

Right Answer: Petition to GM, Explain situation.

Wrong Answer: "Screw you guys I'll just make my own party with Elements and mages... You know what screw that I'll just come murder the camp for no purpose besides throwing a tantrum.

It isn't "Aww he threw a tantrum lets look at why... aww he was right" No it's "He threw a tantrum, that is immature, there is a door."

my group was still there and active. This was our group. I didnt "steal" anything.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:24 AM
Banned

@Visceryn
Old 01-09-2023, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like in all the cases where people get hammered, they swapped to a high level or swapped characters. So instead of all this nonsense, lets say do not swap characters for a camp dispute.

Except apparently your groupmate held the camp or something. Did he get ban?
Old 01-09-2023, 01:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like in all the cases where people get hammered, they swapped to a high level or swapped characters. So instead of all this nonsense, lets say do not swap characters for a camp dispute.

Except apparently your groupmate held the camp or something. Did he get ban?
No, it was still OUR camp. Even after they stole it from us. @Visceryn