Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 04-27-2023, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Are Gloves of Earthcrafting worth MQing once you hit 46?

I have about 15k put aside at the moment, the plan was to invest in both the Gloves of Earthcrafting MQ and a Luminescent Staff to save on mana and downtime going forward, combining it with Elder Spiritists Vambraces for the free DoT.

Plan to go get the Wardens Necklace at some point too, when I can easily do it solo and it won't be an all-day affair.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Yes they're amazing. Forget Lumi just charm kill. You'll use the gloves all the time on your pets.
Old 04-27-2023, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes they're amazing. Forget Lumi just charm kill. You'll use the gloves all the time on your pets.
If you say so, I'll just stick to Oakleaf Scimitar then. I plan to work on/MQ the Epic anyway once I hit 51 or so, once I've raised enough plat from porting.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

May I ask why Lumi Staff is recommended against? I don't charm, swarm, fear kite etc, none of that. I play my Druid very straightforward, I root rot or I DoT and then trade blows with DS and Regen up, throwing the occasional nuke.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

I single blasted Grobb bashers with a lumi. It was quite a bit quicker than rotting but all about 3.5-4k hps. Killing say Geonids it’s just really low dps (like an outdoor knock-off JBB) and every click is a chance to break for for a fairly low DD. You could make it work, sure. I did for a bit in HK on nobles and bards.

Charming scales with the pet. Chardok dogs are really fun near the ent and exit in your mid 50’s. Probably more so with the clicky DS. I’ve had Vindi’s head in my bank for months and just too lazy to get that done.
Old 05-01-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I single blasted Grobb bashers with a lumi. It was quite a bit quicker than rotting but all about 3.5-4k hps. Killing say Geonids it’s just really low dps (like an outdoor knock-off JBB) and every click is a chance to break for for a fairly low DD. You could make it work, sure. I did for a bit in HK on nobles and bards.

Charming scales with the pet. Chardok dogs are really fun near the ent and exit in your mid 50’s. Probably more so with the clicky DS. I’ve had Vindi’s head in my bank for months and just too lazy to get that done.
Ideally at the higher levels the battle plan will be to root rot the everloving life out of my victims with Winged Death, Breath of Ro and Drones clicky, adding the Epic clicky into it when I eventually get it. TBH I'm not even sure if all of that stacks, but I always keep a nuke ready too if I need to bring something down quickly, which is Calefaction at the moment. Starfire is 600 I think, which, for 49 isn't bad at all.

But I always keep Regen and Thorns up if root breaks and something gets at me, or in add situations, because every little bit of damage adds up when mobs start bearing 4 or 5k hp pools.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

its amazing how people just refuse to improve on p99
Old 05-01-2023, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its amazing how people just refuse to improve on p99
Oh go back to chasing Llewelyn Moss.
Old 05-01-2023, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

What do you have against charming Loadsa? It is a super efficient way to level. Any chance you get to charm for leveling, you should do it!
Old 05-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman1022 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you have against charming Loadsa? It is a super efficient way to level. Any chance you get to charm for leveling, you should do it!
I played an Enchanter once. I absolutely hated it specifically because of charming. If I'm going to use a pet it'll be my own, I.E a necro or a mage.

Though I really dislike Int casters in general, save maybe the Wizard. Not a fan of having to research my own spells.