Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 11:43 AM
Orc

Default I need to play a new class

Rogue, Druid and Cleric, been there done that. I found myself starting a druid and rogue again and am realizing that I want a new experience. I am thinking Enchanter. I know it is harder to master but I am looking forward to such a challenge.

I think my goal is to still main a rogue as that is what I love but to experience the full path of a enchanter as well. I would mainly use the enchanter for solo play and also for group camps and not for end game raiding. My allure to this class is that it can be or is the most powerful solo class available in terms of being able to solo mobs any other class cannot. I watched a enchanter run from room to room in Lguk destroying everything and I was simply amazed. I want to do that and be that good at it.

So with that said, is this easier said then done? Am I about to take on a challenge that requires lots of work to be good at? What say you enchanters out there?
Old 02-25-2020, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

The truth is that while Enchanter is a comparatively difficult class to play, nothing is actually hard to play. Dominating everything as an Enchanter isn't tremendously scary, compared to the inputs required of a lot of other games. This is a very slow game in general.

I think Rogue and Enchanter are interesting too - you must like classes with lots of toys and fun non essential abilities, because those classes get those! (You'd probably like bards too)
Old 02-25-2020, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

Mastering being an enchanter has a steep learning curve. You will die, horribly and often. If you keep learning you can be that solo monster at the end.

For way easier (and somewhat less powerfull, but still nice) soloing you might want to try necromancer. FD is the spell that will save you whenever you took more than you can chew.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

I am a new enchanter myself, Level 40 now and I am enjoying it alot. I primarily am duo-ing with a cleric friend so it's probably alot different than grouping but there is something awesome/exciting about getting a crit resist and having 5 mobs come at you and managing all the mobs, being ready for charm breaks, and just figuring out what to do in all these crazy potential situations. And realizing the ridiculous power the class has makes you feel like there will be alot to do at 50. I enjoyed my druid but root rotting and quadding got boring in the 40s. There is something about charming a Grobb guard who hits for 110 dmg and giving him 50% haste and watching him slaughter everything that feels pretty cool!
Old 02-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

I would do yourself a favor and pick a different class, one that will gain a lot from having a guise, and then get one before it's gone.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

If you have a relatively broad grasp of EQ mechanics and are familiar with what each spell does it is not hard to pickup enchanter quickly.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Ench isn't hard. Just requires more effort per kill than other classes (if you a Charm killing). And when you're using a Charmed mob as an actual pet, such as when you're in a group, it's kind of hard to AFK or stop paying attention since they can kill you pretty fast. That's the only real downside of an Enchanter, less ability to AFK in a group setting (or if you're soloing using a Charmed pet instead of Animation or Charm killing) both because of the Charmed mob thing and because you are much more critical to the group.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ench isn't hard. Just requires more effort per kill than other classes (if you a Charm killing). And when you're using a Charmed mob as an actual pet, such as when you're in a group, it's kind of hard to AFK or stop paying attention since they can kill you pretty fast. That's the only real downside of an Enchanter, less ability to AFK in a group setting (or if you're soloing using a Charmed pet instead of Animation or Charm killing) both because of the Charmed mob thing and because you are much more critical to the group.
Agreed with this. Enchanter is not hard to play. just cant AFK with a charmed pet. Anyone who says Enchanter is difficult is really just elevating themselves for having leveled one to max; its kinda fun to think you accomplished something even in a videogame. But ya, are there more things to think about compared to Rogue or Warrior? ya 1 or 2. Probably the biggest difficulty is juggling buff timers while keeping charmed pet and having people pester you with "can i trade sow for C??!" every 5min. Every spellcasting class has nuances you must learn. go for it have fun. you wont die as much as people want you to believe.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

Warrior-

Its refreshing after shaman, sk, chanter.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Try a wizard that only melees and buffs self, that might be fresh and exciting
Closed Thread