Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardylooGubbins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also added a section on the tech support page called "Installation Best Practices" and added the following entry:

Create an Installation Backup
After setting up your game the way you like it, copy the contents of your Project 1999 EQ directory to a new directory and name it "Backup" or something similar. If you encounter a problem that requires a reinstallation, simply copy and paste the backup directory's files. This prevents you from having to reinstall everything from scratch.

The above was an old suggestion from Telin on the tech support forum and I thought it was a good idea. Gonna actually go do it myself.
Good suggestion. Another good place for it would be as a new optional "2.5" step on http://wiki.project1999.com/Getting%20Started.

As for your reward, rather than work out exactly what each contribution was worth, let's just say you're now up to 2.25k. Keep those enhancements coming!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:52 PM
Aviak

I updating the "crashing while zoning" section under the graphics tech support wiki with the solution from my previous post, so that it is in both places. I also added the following two entries:

Problem: Meditate Button Not Appearing or is Blacked Out

Potential Solution #1: It has been reported that this issue can be fixed by reloading the UI. To do this type /loadskin 1 while in game.

Potential Solution #2: Another suggestion is to delete the Velious UI skin from the EQ Directory.

Problem: Game Experiences Intermittent Stuttering

It has been reported that this problem may be caused by the log file gets too big.

Potential Solution: You can move your existing log file to a backup folder, causing the game to start a new one.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good suggestion. Another good place for it would be as a new optional "2.5" step on http://wiki.project1999.com/Getting%20Started.

As for your reward, rather than work out exactly what each contribution was worth, let's just say you're now up to 2.25k. Keep those enhancements coming!
Added the "Backup" Advice to the section you mentioned.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Great stuff! I think we can call that a total of 3k, which means ... we have another winner!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PM me your character's name and when you plan to be on so I can deliver your winnings.

As for everyone else ... look at how easy it is to win 3k! We have two winners already, and plenty of time for more before Sunday.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

I just want to remind everyone that the challenge lasts until tomorrow night, so anyone wanting an easy way to earn 3k for their starting character still has plenty of time to do so!

Old 05-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up Contribute On The Wiki

Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Let me just say, as a returning player grinding out the early levels on green, switching to blue and gaining the platinum was a huge boon! If you're having trouble gearing up a new character, this is a great opportunity!
Closed Thread