Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Serious non-classic issues with tracking and kunark

Ranger track should be garbage tier for first 2 years of any supposed "classic" server. Instead it's uber here and for some reason you still have gimped he hell out of druid tracking which was quite useful in most zones after the PoS buff that was supposed to happen yet stlll has not happened. So tracking is completely flipped around from what it should be, even worse now we are talking about adding kunark to the mix which has a crapload of tracking-influenced/related bottlenecks in it, like the seb key.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Are you suggesting we nerf Rangers?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-28-2020, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I needed that laugh. Thank you.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:57 PM
Kobold

The literal ONLY use for a ranger (aside from eating a death touch) is tracking, and this guy demands a nerf. HA
Old 10-28-2020, 06:59 PM
Banned

Don't nerf rangers but do make druid track better, which it apparently is supposed to be by now? It's just hilariously broken, things that I can see with my actual eyes like twenty feet away don't show up on track.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:02 PM
Banned

This thread was an abortion from the start--Nilbog, like most humans, doesn't care to be insulted so I doubt he's going to positively respond to someone throwing shade about a minor bugfix--so I'll just toss in an anecdote I find amusing.

I received a request on my DaP druid for a port to Misty Thicket and a Track of a Blixkin Entopop for 50p. I accept because Blixkin is always around the Rings and newbie area.
So we port in and I immediately open Track. As usual, nothing I couldn't slap with my junk was on the list. I commenced running around with this chanter toddling along behind, checking his path route as I half-remember from previous sojourns in Lilliput. I tow the chanter around to the newbie yard and at this point he must be wondering what I'm doing as he says, usually he's up in the SE. I'm amenable to trying this because it's literally the last area we haven't visually confirmed and about 15 yards later, there's Blixkin who I helpfully run to and hail about two seconds before the chanter could have found him by himself.

Anyhoo, I'm terrible at telling stories but I had a good chortle at getting paid to run the same path a non-Tracking class would have and then blundering into the mob and saying, Ta-da!
(No refunds.)
Last edited by Donkey Hotay; 10-28-2020 at 09:06 PM..
Old 10-28-2020, 09:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2020, 10:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger track should be garbage tier for first 2 years of any supposed "classic" server. Instead it's uber here and for some reason you still have gimped he hell out of druid tracking which was quite useful in most zones after the PoS buff that was supposed to happen yet stlll has not happened. So tracking is completely flipped around from what it should be, even worse now we are talking about adding kunark to the mix which has a crapload of tracking-influenced/related bottlenecks in it, like the seb key.
As you can see, the "it must be Classic" crowd only supports it if it suits or benefits them. As you rightly point out, ranger tracking is a major deviation from Classic. just dont expect any support for changing it.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:59 PM
Banned

Or try and provide evidence to the actual devs who could adjust this.

If you ask the player base they will laugh at you because of the status of Ranger in classic.

Not hard.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you okay, cmere homie let's hug it out.