Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

It seems unlikely your Enchanter was dying--repeatedly--from an unhasted pet unless he was a) either charming something grossly over-leveled, or b) both he and his cleric were inept. That still works to your advantage anyway because mistakes and inept players are part of EQ too, as anyone who has ever spent any time doing pick-up groups is very much aware.

Neat series of trials. It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up versus melee players as their weapons improve, if you are still active to do a trial in say a year from now.

Danth
Old 11-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate charmed pets ~_~ Too dangerous!! Even without haste (i think?) the enchanter was dying now and then... and draining cleric mana from all the pet breaks. It would also mean I always gotta be on lookout for pet breaks and saving mana.... (which means less twitches and less DPSing, since I can also add another 10ish DPS just by using my envenomed bolt each fight)

So you "can" do higher DPS... if you want to risk wiping the group and dying a lot.
I enjoyed all your random heals and what nots that I received while poorly Roguing for you.

I enjoy charm pets because I outfit them with random suits of bronze or 20 runes/words/gems that I don't want to carry. Think of them as a free bank slot and you'll enjoy them more.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Neat series of trials. It'll be interesting to see how well it holds up versus melee players as their weapons improve, if you are still active to do a trial in say a year from now.

Danth
That is a super good point. Ivory is using the best DPS item in the game through Velious while her Rogue was using a descent classic dagger. Lets do some parses when I get my epic!
Old 11-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a super good point. Ivory is using the best DPS item in the game through Velious while her Rogue was using a descent classic dagger. Lets do some parses when I get my epic!
Oh ho ho! That isn't true! The rod isn't the best DPS item in velious.... there are 2 weapons which are better even.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Abashi%...Disempowerment

This one is a straight 25% increase. So instead of 20 DPS, it will be 24.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_the_Silent_Star

And this is the big ticket I suspect. The 400 damage proc ON TOP of a 15/18 ratio.... makes me suspect the DPS will be about 35.

Quote:
Bone knighting isn't gonna work 55+.

It's a fun dream, but sadly it seems only a drop for 1-40 on twink necros.
That's what you said about 40+.... and then 50+... and now it won't work 55+? :P

You is moving them goalposts faster than I can level!!
Last edited by Ivory; 11-12-2020 at 04:45 PM..
Old 11-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Anybody gunna give the disempowerment rod to a necromancer? Better be the guild leader?

Congrats on the annihilation rod. Fun item.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anybody gunna give the disempowerment rod to a necromancer? Better be the guild leader?

Congrats on the annihilation rod. Fun item.
My guild works on a "list" system. So if I really want them disempowerment rod... I can get :3

Is how I gonna get those fancy shoes from VP!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Grey_Suede_Boots
Old 11-12-2020, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL/DR
Casters have a damage cap of 40 at level 60 in the p99 timeline.
Casters have a 1h blunt cap of 110 & Offense cap of 140.
Casting Spell Damage and doing Melee damage makes your damage slightly higher.
Cherry picked parses that show awful rogue dps
Gnomes Rule
lol

but also great post Ivory this is so cool !
Old 11-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Sarnak

TLDR Dps meters always record the person running it better, if the rogue ran the dps meter he would be 60% and you would be 15%

Necros will do more damage medding and casting and caster melee is nerfed to death on p99

TLDR Move bone knight thread to resolved and file it under i dropped out of high school
Old 11-12-2020, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton Jr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR Dps meters always record the person running it better, if the rogue ran the dps meter he would be 60% and you would be 15%

Necros will do more damage medding and casting and caster melee is nerfed to death on p99

TLDR Move bone knight thread to resolved and file it under i dropped out of high school
Somewhat true.

Rod is nice tho. I'm happy ppl got it and they can use it to easily churn through lower lvl mobs with pet as well.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

This thread ignores the fact that priests are shafted and stuck at 125 1h blunt skill. I don't know how many priests you (or the original devs) met but the smacks I received in school were at least 150+:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mcoy
Closed Thread