Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did Hate open so early on Blue? Is it going to be that way on Green or will it line up with the actual release of Nov 1999?
Blue was "Beta": although many didn't appreciate it at the time, the whole purpose of the server was to let the devs work on the code for classic EQ, while having it "beta tested" ... and the fact that we all got to enjoy Blue for a decade was just a happy coincidence.

But Green is "live" here: it's the entire point of that ten years of Blue. As such, it's very much going to follow the actual timeline, not the development/beta timeline of Blue.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue was "Beta": although many didn't appreciate it at the time, the whole purpose of the server was to let the devs work on the code for classic EQ, while having it "beta tested" ... and the fact that we all got to enjoy Blue for a decade was just a happy coincidence.

But Green is "live" here: it's the entire point of that ten years of Blue. As such, it's very much going to follow the actual timeline, not the development/beta timeline of Blue.
Well that's great to hear. I suppose Plane of Hate can be added to Nov 1999 of the new grid you created, then.

The content actually trickles in at a nice rate to be honest.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We will see how Beta it turns out to be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Better way to look at it is one server is a TLP and the other has all expansions unlocked. Players can decide which kind of adventure they want.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:20 AM
Aviak

So wait --

It looks like the "Introducing Project 1999: Green" thread has been updated (maybe with a more accurate timeline?).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743

The thread above says:

* May 2020: Plane of Hate
* June 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop

Whereas the wiki timeline seems to have them both one month earlier?
Old 02-23-2020, 05:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We will see how Beta it turns out to be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Better way to look at it is one server is a TLP and the other has all expansions unlocked. Players can decide which kind of adventure they want.
I think that way of looking at it ignores the ten years of up time for Blue and the problems that come with that. It also ignores that Green has (at the moment) very little raid content.

They really offer very different experiences.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-23-2020, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that way of looking at it ignores the ten years of up time for Blue and the problems that come with that. It also ignores that Green has (at the moment) very little raid content.

They really offer very different experiences.
Exactly, Blue was fucked in many, many ways. Great server, great experiences there, great staff, but Blue isn't just a regular server with all content unlocked at all. It carries the baggage of those 10 years and all the issues they contained.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furitor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait --

It looks like the "Introducing Project 1999: Green" thread has been updated (maybe with a more accurate timeline?).

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=333743

The thread above says:

* May 2020: Plane of Hate
* June 2020: Temple of Solusek Ro opens / Legacy items cease to drop

Whereas the wiki timeline seems to have them both one month earlier?
Looks like the Wiki is incorrect, since it lists Fear as Jan 2020, when it in fact released in Feb 2020. I’d say the forum post appears to be accurate.

Loramin, I think the Wiki may need to be updated.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

pras, I hope people don't start booking vacations from work in the hope that X months down the road that something they want will be released to the exact week.

Some nerds will do it.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:26 PM
Banned

i see red twice no green
Old 02-25-2020, 10:32 AM
Aviak

Got bored and decided to read more patch notes to relive Classic^TM and found something interesting.

If you look at the patchnotes for December 7, 1999 (http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_No..._Brad.27s_post) you'll see that's when manastone is removed?

"- Removal of Manastone"

Removal of MS was not explicitly stated in with Rubicite + JBoots. These mentioned explicitly in the October 13, 1999 patch: http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_No...ber_13.2C_1999

So is it still going to be removed with Temple of Sol Ro like Rubicite, Guise, and Jboots change?

If we're going by classic timeline, it should be removed in August and not June as stated in the "Introducing Project 1999: Green" thread. I mean given we probably just don't want too many MS around so it might make it more simple to just remove it all at once...

P.S. interestingly none of the patch notes say anything about Guise removal so I'm not sure what month that was.
Closed Thread