Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 09:25 PM
Sarnak

Default Stay Off Rock:

Discuss
Old 11-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Skeleton

Why is Seal Team allowed to exploit pathing bugs to get server first Fungi Tunic with little more than a "hey don't do it again" slap on the wrist from staff?

The GMs and the community know they intentionally cheated. The server first was not rescinded. The fungi tunic was not rescinded.

Seal Team was told given their usual "Warning" and an NPC named "Stay Off Rock" was put on the exploit rock as a warning not to do it again. Seems fair.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

probably the same reason raiders were exploiting pathing in kael to keep giants busy while their guild killed raid mobs there.

It comes down to nilbog or rogean pulling the trigger on pending fixes for these exploits.

---
If you know of a pathing exploit consider dropping a /loc and explanation into the Petition section of the forums.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

I am just glad an NPC named "Stay Off Rock" was put there so I can experience classic EQ in all it's classic immersion like it was in 99/00.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Server first items aren’t any better than any other. No one in their right mind cares about server firsts, if you want to pretend it matters you can also pretend this tunic doesn’t count as server first.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server first items aren’t any better than any other. No one in their right mind cares about server firsts, if you want to pretend it matters you can also pretend this tunic doesn’t count as server first.
Screw the server first crap. Why wasn't the exploited loot deleted and the character accounts involved flagged for a vacation the next time they tried some obvious and well-known bullshit?
Old 11-11-2020, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

I hope you guys never find out I never patched SKyrim so i could keep getting free gold out of those glitched chests.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just glad an NPC named "Stay Off Rock" was put there so I can experience classic EQ in all it's classic immersion like it was in 99/00.
To be fair DARE was super popular around '99

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

The problem is that cheats/exploits go on for too long before a punishment is handed out, and that punishment comes down like Thor's Hammer.

Instead of handing out small punishments that would deter others, lots and lots of cheating/exploiting/training and general douchebaggery goes on for months/years with only a "warning"(which is nothing more than a laugh between Guides/guilds). And the whole cycle continues.

The GMs know that exploiting happened at the rock and have done zero about it. This will only lead to more exploiting.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man I know that at least one of those neckbeards has a folder for his server first screenshots. I would bet that at least one player has a folder of other people's server first screenshots.

People are weird.
Closed Thread