Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i enjoyed raiding with your guild today, thank you for tolerating me !

very compotent guild. enjoyed what i saw. A++
Thank you, Redpal Ramal. Inclusion is our style. Thanks for coming by and lending us your DPS. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Videri; 11-24-2020 at 02:34 AM..
Old 11-24-2020, 02:43 AM
Banned

human master race
Old 11-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poh Tay Toe!
Old 11-24-2020, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

If hashbrowns had a castle guild tag on I’d say good odds y’all are boxing per usual
Old 11-24-2020, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Isn't Hashbrowns a name policy violation? Why isn't he reported and instead posted in a screenshot as part of a lame joke?

<The A-Team>
Old 11-24-2020, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't Hashbrowns a name policy violation? Why isn't he reported and instead posted in a screenshot as part of a lame joke?
Which part of the naming policy does it violate? I don't think it's a violation. People in Norrath could totally make hash browns. It's not like "Toaster" or "Phaser," which are examples of names not allowed under the policy.

And while phrases/sentences are not allowed, compound words are explicitly allowed. See the naming policy.

Quote:
The following names are considered unacceptable.

- Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
- Combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Hugeazz, Tug Mcgroin).
- Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin).
- Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).
- Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
- Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).
- Proper names from EverQuest (e.g. Rathe, Karana). This also includes the first or last name of any significant EverQuest NPC (e.g. Dorn, Trumpy, Karn).
- The names of past or current Customer Support Representatives or developers of Project 1999 (e.g. Nilbog, Rogean, Llandris, Eunomia).
- Names chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harming the reputation of a player or Customer Service Representative.
- Forenames containing titles within them, such as, but not limited to: The, Lord, Lady, Master, King, Knight, Sir, Father (e.g. Sirtallon, Lordeagle, Mothermaggy, Darksister).
- Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).
- Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
- Descriptive compound words (each separate part of the word and the entire word) must otherwise adhere to all other naming rules.
- Fantasy-oriented names which are easily recognized from popular existing media (e.g. Merlin, Gandalf, Drizzt).
- Names where the combination of the first and last name forms a phrase or violate a previous rule (e.g. Crymea River, Bran Muffin, Story Thyme).
- For all of the above, misspellings and alternative spellings (such as spelling it backwards) of the word or words are also unacceptable.
- For all of the above, any foreign variations are also unacceptable. If a player petitions a name he or she feels is offensive in a foreign language, all rules set forth shall be applied.
- Above all else, you may not choose character or guild name which, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Project 1999 Customer Service Staff, is deemed to be offensive or improper.
Last edited by Videri; 11-24-2020 at 12:28 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If hashbrowns had a castle guild tag on I’d say good odds y’all are boxing per usual
lol
Old 11-24-2020, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP COMPUTING BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP

I would argue that because the name "hash browns" is not actually the name of a food in game there is no reason that any Norrathian would finely chop/shred potatoes, fry them, and then call them "hashbrowns." My argument would be

~~~Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).~~~

(Now with some EQ nerd "paper-napkin math" equivalent of elf laywer research)

According to Wikipedia, the word Hashbrowns never even appeared until the 1890s in New York City. We cannot assume that they were ever making Hash Browns in Norrath. In fact....do they even have potatoes in Norrath?

Violation of common word and phrase that wouldn't be found in the time, place, and setting. I won't go ahead and report Hashbrowns because I don't give a shit.

I will say, however, that the double standards regarding the naming policy, the fact that there is a player-run "thought police" required to enforce the naming policy, and the fact that the naming policy enforcement still allows for thousands of names to be played with absolute impunity is ridiculous.

BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP AWAITING RESPONSE FROM EQ NERD ELF LAWYER BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 11-24-2020 at 12:39 PM..
Old 11-24-2020, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Hashbrowns is fine.
Sweatyvagina is not fine.
GMs have limited time for name policy enforcement.
Report the worst names you see and enjoy free EverQuest.

Now, back to my potato-themed thread.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP

Yes, Sweatyvagina is not fine.

No, Hashbrowns is, with an incredibly convincing letter-of-the-law not spirt-of-the-law EQ paper-napkin-math-as-worthy-of-publication-in-a-scientific-journal argument, ~~~not~~~ fine. -You- think its fine, but you are indeed objectively wrong.

Yes, GMs have limited time for name policy enforcement. Their time is way better spent doing other things besides improving a very small minority of nerds' "immersion" at the expense of others' "classic" and fun experience.

I will continue to enjoy free Everquest.

I will also call out blatant double-standards from the NamePolice, especially one so vocal and holier-than-thou. Please continue the potato-themed thread because really its fine and comical and -I- don't really want to ruin anybody's fun (unlike some people)

BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP ELF NERD VICTORY LOGGED BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP

<The A-Team>
Closed Thread