Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

The nice thing about EQ is that there are enough options that there is no reason to continue playing a character that is not fun for you.
Keep doing what you are doing until it stops being fun.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haledan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aw is it really so bleak? I'd love to have an epic some day but I was reading wizards had pretty long waits here. I couldn't find any info on the manarobe either...what is it?
Manna Robe, drops from Trakanon, can be traded. Essential for a Wizard's general PvE efficiency, when combined with the Epic. Still useful even without the epic although not nearly as much.

However, I just realized you can't med-while-casting on Blue server, so I wouldn't want to play a Wizard there at all. You're losing so many med ticks when using long-cast effects, such as Wizard epic, VP clicky nukes, and Sunfire. ICK.

If you want to do a Wizard go Red server, definitely. Wizard on Blue is stupid.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Medding while casting is a bug btw.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

It's a much needed bug, so hopefully it is never removed.

Both options should be in the game, though. Ducking should cancel spells and sitting should allow the spell to proceed. No reason casters shouldn't be able to both, in an "ideal" EQ.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Medding while casting is a bug btw.
Hail classic enforcer warrior-prince sam
Old 08-15-2015, 06:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well I certainly appreciate the info on the robe as well as the warning on the wizard class. I started playing at the beginning of Velious and really don't remember any talk about wizards being so unwanted but that was a long time ago. I've got a bard I've played up to 12 now too and will probably work on him some as well especially when then hybrid exp penalty drops. I've never done swarm kiting and would rather use him in a group so I don't plan too. I still plan on playing my wizard though even if it is a bit of a dumb choice. I want to get some ports at least before I give up on him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2015, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Don't listen to these guys. A wizard is always the best choice if you love making things go boom.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-17-2015, 08:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Oh its all good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] better to have an informed idea of what you are getting yourself into than walk into it blind. Got myself half way through 15 now thanks to wisps, lions, wolves, and beetles out in NK just 5 more levels until some self ports! Think I may try checking out befallan or perhaps kurn's after I level. I know Icy wands are super rare but might as well have a shot at one as I try leveling. Probably hit up EC to try and sell off a few hq bear pelts and other lowbie staples and gear up as much as I can with the proceeds.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Aviak

I play my wizard. Its 53, without clicky nukes, mana robes or any of that stuff. Dont listen to the min-maxers, I like to make things go boom. I have jboots and am able to quad as well as port and am never an afk wizard in groups.
In saying that, wizards get the raw deal because they have a bad name and can be out damaged over time by melee DPS classes and when they run out of mana (which happens no matter how conservative you are) you are pretty useless.
Can be a lot of fun, easy to get disheartened but a good guild will help you out with that.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play my wizard. Its 53, without clicky nukes, mana robes or any of that stuff. Dont listen to the min-maxers, I like to make things go boom. I have jboots and am able to quad as well as port and am never an afk wizard in groups.
In saying that, wizards get the raw deal because they have a bad name and can be out damaged over time by melee DPS classes and when they run out of mana (which happens no matter how conservative you are) you are pretty useless.
Can be a lot of fun, easy to get disheartened but a good guild will help you out with that.
good post
Closed Thread