Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 04:00 PM
Large Rat

Default Starting on the server

Hey folks!

New to the server and wondering how the population is on the PVP server.

Also, my brother and I will be rolling brand new baby characters for the first time ever and will be looking for anyone who wants to group up.

Not sure yet on what classes or which starting area, but we will know soon.

And if there is anything else someone new should know, I will gladly accept or reject your advice upon hearing it.

Thanks forum bros
Old 08-18-2015, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to make game friends, it would be helpfull if you state your probable playing times.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Pop is moving upwards towards 400. It's not as populated as the pve server and that comes with benefits and its own problems. Benefits being you can go somewhere and it isn't overcamped, problems being that depending on the time you play means it can be difficult to get a full group.

With that in mind, consider a duo that's self sufficient if you're both always playing together... something like monk/shaman, monk/necro, cleric/enchanter (plenty of threads about duos on the forum).

The best starting area on red is Greater Faydark which brings in gnomes and dwarves as well as the regular high elves, wood elves and half elves. All that combined means that you can start most classes there if you wanted, except a monk or a shaman. Even then its still possible to travel there and bind.

I'm in the process of leveling my blacksmithing. If you guys want the "day 1 fresh" experience then totally for it, happy to jewelcraft up some items and make up a suit of banded when you get some levels (pm me on the forums here).

There's a leveling guild called <Thunderdome>, great set of folks mostly. Avomon is someone you should speak to when you start, he puts a hell of a lot of time into helping new players [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How familiar are you with EverQuest and pvp mechanics? It can be a lot to learn but the journey is a fun one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Fire Giant

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207122

Here's just a small look at the toxicity you're choosing to join by going red. Note the replies, it's pretty awful.

Just a heads up.
Last edited by Gimp; 08-18-2015 at 08:02 AM..
Old 08-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Large Rat

Thanks man, I really appreciate the info.

We used to play back in the day and are probably a little rusty but nothing we can't shake off.

Just rolled a shaman last night after getting it all set up.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensylvester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks man, I really appreciate the info.

We used to play back in the day and are probably a little rusty but nothing we can't shake off.

Just rolled a shaman last night after getting it all set up.
You'll do fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll work some more on my blacksmithing today, gives me a reason to try and get it so I can make banded without any fails [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensylvester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if there is anything else someone new should know, I will gladly accept or reject your advice upon hearing it.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Yikes, I am not saying anything. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2015, 12:26 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll do fine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll work some more on my blacksmithing today, gives me a reason to try and get it so I can make banded without any fails [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got up to 15 today, my bro is starting tonight so we should be rolling around shortly!
Closed Thread