Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Large Rat

Default Spirit of the Wolf problem again

Hello-

I cannot cast or scribe Spirit of the wolf as a druid, level 23 (it says I am not high enough in level). I placed the new P99 files in, and then this problem started. The version of the files is P99 39.

I saw old posts giving possible fixes with links, but those links no longer work.
If someone would give me instructions how to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:02 PM
Large Rat

Default Additional info

One thing to mention- the druid I mention is on another server that had no trouble with SOW. So a change from adding the version 39 files has affected it. I have since dragged back my old spell files until over the new ones until someone has a moment to explain how to fix this. I much prefer the P99 spell effects, but not at the cost of losing SOW.

Thanks again.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:54 AM
Aviak

Sorry to be that guy - but if you don't feel you get any help etc. it might be because you didn't report this in the bug forum.
Old 08-24-2015, 07:46 AM
Kobold

You mentioned another server. I've had spell issues after playing on the hidden forest etc., then coming back to p99( on the same install ofc). I simply had to reinstall. If you wanna play on more than one server, I recommend seperate installations.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

I suggest maintaining separate installs for each server you play on. I have one for P99, one for my own axclassic box, one for live (not sure why hah!) and so on. Makes things easy ^^
Old 08-24-2015, 11:05 AM
Large Rat

Default Sow changes

Thanks for the helpful replies- I was not sure this was a bug at all (and I never felt I was not getting any help). So from what the 2 kind posters replied, I gather SOW works fine in 1999, but when you try to play on other servers, some spells, possibly SOW included, won't work. If anyone specifically can confirm Sow has not been changed at all, that would be fantastic.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:53 AM
Kobold

SoW has not been changed at all

It is in fact the spell files and moving from one emu server to another.

Reinstall, make a backup directory, install p99 files to the backup and install your other server files to the other and clearly mark your launch files/paths so you don't cross contaminate again and you'll be fine.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the helpful replies- I was not sure this was a bug at all (and I never felt I was not getting any help). So from what the 2 kind posters replied, I gather SOW works fine in 1999, but when you try to play on other servers, some spells, possibly SOW included, won't work. If anyone specifically can confirm Sow has not been changed at all, that would be fantastic.
Just to let you know the other servers other then Red99 are not related to P99 in any way other then all using the EQEmu for running the game. If you plan on playing on other servers have different installs for them because the files are different between all the servers and as you can see will cause issues.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Kobold

See that kids, if you go and play around on other servers all willy nilly you can catch a disease! Best stick with p99
Old 08-25-2015, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekonis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See that kids, if you go and play around on other servers all willy nilly you can catch a disease! Best stick with p99
Ha! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]