Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hello P99 community! New player joining

Hello everyone! I'm new when it comes to Everquest. I have some knowledge, but I figure most experience I get will be once I sink my teeth into the game. I know race/class combination is important, along with knowing how to play your class. Would a Dark Elf Shadowknight be sufficient? I don't need the BEST, i just want to play my favorite race as a Dark Elf since wizards really arent my top choice. Also, I'm going to assume that SKs are more of a tank role. I know soloing in this game can be a pain depending on your character. In the game I know they do not have any maps, are you able to download maps or do you have to use the Internet to look at maps? I'm looking forward to playing on P99!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:15 AM
Sarnak

An SK is an excellent soloist and is also welcome in groups as a puller/tank.

A lot of us play with an iPad sitting nex to us with the project1999 wiki pulled u for maps, quest info and gear/spell information among other things like tradeskill advice.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page
Old 08-25-2015, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

An SK is able to solo, but i would not call it efficient. Still, probably better than the other tank options in that regard. It's OK to fill time when no group is available, but you will most likely better level in a good group.

The idea to use a tablet to view maps is nice. I was switching windows so far, will try to use my tablet now.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlievox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An SK is an excellent soloist and is also welcome in groups as a puller/tank.

A lot of us play with an iPad sitting nex to us with the project1999 wiki pulled u for maps, quest info and gear/spell information among other things like tradeskill advice.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page
I know! If I was REALLY going Classic, it would be a three ring binder with notes and hand drawn maps.