Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 04:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play a bard, also a very strong class but at least I actually require other players to actually accomplish things in game. I have an actual balanced version of charm that I can't use to bulldoze what's suppose to be the most difficult content in the game.
Sounds classic.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who's getting mad? Because I type "fucking" means I'm mad? Lol...

I play a bard, also a very strong class but at least I actually require other players to actually accomplish things in game. I have an actual balanced version of charm that I can't use to bulldoze what's suppose to be the most difficult content in the game.
I may be a highly intuitive pisces, but your tone is obvious. And that doesn't answer the question besides that you're jealous of a more powerful class that you don't want to play. Ok then.

Quote:
High end item camps are being monopolized by a small group of people.
Now we found the real reason because this is deeper than a simple, "I just want the game to be balanced." You don't want them getting all the loot so "easily". Would you feel differently if you were in the raid? Rhetorical question.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-30-2019 at 05:03 AM..
Old 11-30-2019, 04:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
What will help clear up my confusion is when you explain why low hp agro kiting doesn't work here when it very clearly should. Why is one clearly broken mechanic fixed here but another far more broken one isn't? How the fuck does this make any sense.
Its very simple but I'm still not going to bother explaining.

Running to the store fast, you need some pads or something? Ice cream?
Old 11-30-2019, 04:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke68 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, the problem is this. The content in this game was designed for 6 man groups. When you have one or two enchanters in group, the way charm now functions you have essentially a 7 or 8 man group.

Considering I don't think I have been in a group without a chanter in it, this affects my game play. It trivializes content, is not classic, is totally out of whack, and needs to be fixed.

I really don't understand why all of these chanters don't go play some modern mmo where you can be ez mode all the time. Really a weird choice. I would actually love to roll a chanter at some point if they ever fixed this issue.
Then we need to resort to the same bedrock solution that "we" always do; is it accurate according to the classic timeline, and where's the proof or evidence? Because "fixing bad mechanics based on reasoning" isn't an option from what i've heard.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:58 AM
Sarnak

Gotta love the insta breaks or when it breaks literally right after you haste it.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then we need to resort to the same bedrock solution that "we" always do; is it accurate according to the classic timeline, and where's the proof or evidence? Because "fixing bad mechanics based on reasoning" isn't an option from what i've heard.
Bad mechanics have already been fixed here based on reasoning. See: low hp agro kiting. Chanter charm is FAR more broken than low hp agro kiting. A solo chanter having the equivalent strength of nearly a full group of max levels with full high end gear is game breaking, period.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Bad mechanics have already been fixed here based on reasoning. See: low hp agro kiting. Chanter charm is FAR more broken than low hp agro kiting. A solo chanter having the equivalent strength of nearly a full group of max levels with full high end gear is game breaking, period.
So what is broken about it according to you, the duration? And do you have some evidence from live that we can compare it to? I'll let you search for it since you're much more adamant.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-30-2019 at 05:07 AM..
Old 11-30-2019, 05:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
The first naggy kill was accomplished using an imp protector which single handedly did 50% of the damage and there was like 50 people on the raid. How anyone can possibly think that shit like that belongs in the game is baffling.
After the naggy kill the imp protector forced its way into Plane of fear using nothing besides its sheer power, it was soloing CT when staff took the server down.

The imp proceeded to sebilis and got 3 fungis.

I only later heard the enchanter was actually asleep during all of this.

Perhaps you can report them for afk xping.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta love the insta breaks or when it breaks literally right after you haste it.
This never happens.

I charmed a mob yesterday and it ordered pizza for me.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2
After the naggy kill the imp protector forced its way into Plane of fear using nothing besides its sheer power, it was soloing CT when staff took the server down.

The imp proceeded to sebilis and got 3 fungis.

I only later heard the enchanter was actually asleep during all of this.

Perhaps you can report them for afk xping.
Congrats <Seal Team>

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Hazek; 11-30-2019 at 05:21 AM..
Closed Thread