Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Auld Lang Syne

Question about this guild's "rules"

I hear that druids and wizards in ALS can't port for plat

My question is, so does that mean ALS clerics can't take anything for rezzing?
ALS rogues can't take plat for dragging a corpse?
ALS shammies can't take plat for buffing sowing etc?
ALS necros can't take plat for summoning a corpse?

I get the whole idea behind ALS and actually think it is a good thing overall, to play true classic, but I am sorry, the above services are not "part of the p99 economy", they are players giving up time mana and risking death sometimes to help out their fellow players. Accepting money in these cases isn't somehow gaming the game, it is compensation for services rendered. Curious if someone can clue me in on how I am wrong.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:54 PM
Sarnak

As a former member of ALS I can tell you that you can port, rez, drag for donations but only for other ALS members. All PP transfers have to stay within the guild unless it's to an NPC of course.

Funny thing is this is reverse of what all other guilds usually do. Most people help guildies for free and take donations from all others. But in ALS it's against the rules. I get it that ALS is not for everyone but in their defense they do make you read and agree to all guild rules before sending an invite.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 03-02-2019, 03:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the whole idea behind ALS and actually think it is a good thing overall, to play true classic, but I am sorry, the above services are not "part of the p99 economy", they are players giving up time mana and risking death sometimes to help out their fellow players. Accepting money in these cases isn't somehow gaming the game, it is compensation for services rendered. Curious if someone can clue me in on how I am wrong.
Hey Nilstroniakrath!

Its just the ALS way! We just like helping the people of Norrath. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As services not being part of the economy.. maybe not per say but bringing items, plat, or any type of currency into the guild from a form not within the guild is prohibited. We strive to help each other within the guild, and the people around us in a friendly manor.

I've been in ALS for I think a year and half now, and to have close to 10k pp for me is a rarity. Yes we buy / sell / help one another but plat is much different inside a guild that you wheel and deal with each other. So taking any form of donation from outside sources weather it be from porting, rezzing, tradeskills ect. it has an impact on the core of the guild as a whole.

We don't refuse donations to be rude or not appreciative. It's just who we are [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enjoy shooting over to the druid rings in WC to hook all my DaP friends up with C2 and GoB. Seeing them fiend out for mind candy is kinda funny :P

I'm also curious about the back story of the post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 03-02-2019, 04:36 AM
Fire Giant

ALS is a sham.

Taking a donated Wu's blouse from a generous level 20 = AGAINST THE CHARTER

winning a vindi BP on an open raid = doesn't look like anything to me
Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

You earned the Vindi BP being part of the raid and paying "the iron price". And its going to be within the appropriate level range. Looting a vindi BP isn't twinking, its earning gear the old fashioned way with your character's blood and sweat.

(Not ALS but I know their charter.)
Old 03-02-2019, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibbs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm also curious about the back story of the post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are asking what made me, the OP, post on the forum, it was seeing an ALS druid call out repeatedly in WC offering free ports. I asked around and was told more about the ALS charter. I knew about ALS' stance on twinking and that makes total sense to me, I still keep thinking about rolling an alt and joining. But the ban on taking donations for ports/rezzes/etc made no sense at all to me, so I posted here seeking to hear the rationale. I guess I get the goal of totally isolating the guild from outside plat, we are all free to play the game as we so choose.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

OP is mad about free ports, move to resolved please.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Dey took er perts!
Old 03-02-2019, 03:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are asking what made me, the OP, post on the forum, it was seeing an ALS druid call out repeatedly in WC offering free ports. I asked around and was told more about the ALS charter. I knew about ALS' stance on twinking and that makes total sense to me, I still keep thinking about rolling an alt and joining. But the ban on taking donations for ports/rezzes/etc made no sense at all to me, so I posted here seeking to hear the rationale. I guess I get the goal of totally isolating the guild from outside plat, we are all free to play the game as we so choose.
It's quite possible that the person advertising free ports was excited because they had just attained the level needed in order to be able to port others. That's no small accomplishment, especially for an ALS member. It can be fun to offer to help others for free. A similar thing happens to people when they get their first car.

If someone infringed on your business, a simple tell would have likely gotten them to stop.

--Stimbad, ALS
Old 03-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

I port non-guildies all the time. Happy to help, free of charge. Never needed the income anyway. In ALS, we don't have twink alts to dump our plat on, so we don't need plat for anything other than consumables once we reach a certain point.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Closed Thread