Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Default Pally Jousting (solo grind)

I’m a bit of a sadist but curious how you pallies solo 54+.
I have a 30/36 2hs and can grind undead with that using DW helm for heals. I have a Reaver so can root-joust non undead stuff.

Also considering buying an Earthshaker so I can expand my joust game to undead. I’m guessing that would be better than the Reaver for joust work anyways.

I try to grab groups in Karnors when possible. Just curious if I’m missing any “duh” places. Wish I knew Lower Guk a bit better.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2018, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Also any tips on what spells to use is appreciated. I have Divine Might and assume that is good to have on, not sure on Enstill vs Root and if Divine Purpose is worth the mana or just stick to the DW helm as needed.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Divine purpose is not worth it unless you're getting C2 etc and are consistently full on mana - ratio is about the same as superior healing. Just keep using DW helm for steady hp.
Divine Might is worth it imo but it's not a huge boost, so if you're strapped for mana then skip it.
Earthshaker will be pretty close to Reaver for jousting unless you get very lucky with procs, but it's nice to have for farming low level stuff (like ore in Sol A), kinda fun item.

Another fun thing you can do with Earthshaker since even the hasted delay is going to be close to 6 seconds is spam DW bracer while melee'ing. You get most of the benefit of root-jousting without having to spend mana on root, and your auto attack stays on so you get more consistent procs while losing little to no delay on your attacks (unless you have a big haste item or are getting buffed).
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 08-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Banned

Another way you can bring a bit of dps albeit quite small amount is to shoot an arrow inbetween each dw helm cast while the mob is rooted.

If you ever so lucky or are in the big raid guilds there is a decent Pal useanle bow that drops from Wuushi that has a 180ish pt dd proc. Only problem is Paladins get 75 skill in archery because the OG EQ Devs hated us. So your hit rate is quite low.

Creating low quality arrows is cheap and can be done on the run as you travel so if you stock pile a bag or two of mats it can last you awhile. I make CLASS 1 arrows and its very cheap.

In terms of increasing dps too if you have a guild that does triplets in NtoV go as hard as tou can to get a Great Spear of Dawn and then you can "root rot" undead when it procs. It essentially does a 800pt dot when it procs, so as soon as it procs you root the mob, back off and do a few DW helm heals while the dot does the dirty on them. This of course is a high end raid item requiring many hours of poop socking.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you very much, everyone.

I think I’ll just continue to look for things to solo that aren’t as mean as the Ravishing Drolvargs in Dreadlands. Maybe even make good friends with a shaman and duo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Closed Thread