Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Magelo Blue?

Hey,

It seems the Magelo Blue page is borked again. I tried looking at the history to see if I could find a 'working' version, but they all look borked.

Anyone skilled with the wiki able to resurrect the page as it should be ?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

I just created a new Magelo (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Hetch) without issue, and my existing Magelo (http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Loramin) on this page continues to work just fine.

Can you be more specific about what exactly is "borked", and what specifically you are doing up until it becomes borked (step by step)?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

It’s not showing the column of links like it normally does. You can still create but you can’t browse the list of magelos. It’s been like that for a couple days, I dunno
Old 09-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Banned

I am having same problem friend
Old 09-25-2018, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

So it looks like the magelo page just transcludes another page (ie. it copies it on to its page). For guilds, that's the page http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:Magelo/GuildList. If you look at that page you'll see it's also blank.

However, not all of the special magelo pages are broken. If you look at http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Ravhin you'll see it still lists all magelos for necromancers (http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...ch/Necromancer).

My guess is that no one specifically broke the page (which is why restoring history doesn't help), and that it's a problem in the database with either the number of magelos, or a special character someone added to their magelo.

Either way, unfortunately all of the magelo stuff was created by Ravhin, who no longer plays. Someone could try PMing him, but there's no guarantee he'll respond.

Someone who knows PHP could also try to debug the problem themselves, and they could find the code for the magelo extension in http://wiki.project1999.com/utils/wikiUtils.php ("Custom Extensions Source" link) ... but without access to the wiki server they'd be doing it with one hand tied behind their back.

Personally I already hurt my brain reading the PHP code for the auction tracker, and I still haven't heard back from the staff about implementing the fix I came up with, plus I'm swamped at work, so I'll have to leave fixing this problem to someone else (hopefully Ravhin himself).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-25-2018 at 10:49 PM..
Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

I fixed this and took the chance to cleanup some other parts and annoying bugs of magelo which have been there since the beginning.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravhin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fixed this and took the chance to cleanup some other parts and annoying bugs of magelo which have been there since the beginning.
/cheer
Old 09-27-2018, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Thanks Ravhin for fixing that and also for the cleaning up!
Old 09-27-2018, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravhin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wooooooooooot! All hail Ravhin the true wiki king!

Not to be greedy, but is there any chance I can get you to update the item list for the auction tracker? I have all the missing items listed here, in the necessary format, I just don't have access to update the file:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=306342

(This is to fix the problem with many Velious items not having a tracker in the wiki. As far as I could tell from the auction tracker code only two things could cause that: not enough log submissions with the item, and it not being in that file. The former will fix itself, and my additions should fix the file, but there might be something else I missed; PHP is not my strongest language.)

Last edited by loramin; 09-27-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 09-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
annoying bugs of magelo which have been there since the beginning.
Curious, what bugs are you referring to and what should we see thats different now?