Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Scout Charisa & Lodi - Need Randomized Spawn points

This is more of a request for change to make the server better. Fixes have already been put in place for Guardian Kozzalym having a randomized spawn point which makes that quest much more pleasant.

Scout Charisa is a nightmare, and she is highly exploited. For instance, to my knowledge she has no variance, so you can clickfest your tools for hand in just a few seconds before she spawns.

If you have ever been present for a Scout turn in it is disgusting on Blue. You have 15 people muscling for positioning on her spawn point, all gathered in a cluster. They have their tools on the cursor and look at the ground and click fast as they can (people probably using some autofire thing here too). The milisecond she spawns someone has already handed in tools.

People can even bind on her exact spawn point and gate there, gaining ideal position and muscling out everyone else for a better hand in.

Furthermore, people who don't have a good ping to the server are at a disadvantage. I can't even get my tools in window before someone else has already handed in. It makes for a very unfair situation, and people who have a good, reliable ping are the ones that are advertising selling the hand-in for 30k.

Please randomize her spawn point and add variance!

Lodizal already has variance, but it is another camp fest, just sad to see. People park pets at his spawn and spam /pet attack to get the FTE. There can be 30-40 people there, just disgusting. He already has a good variance I'm told, but even giving him a 500 unit spawn variance gives people more of a shot at it. I believe server ping also plays a role here on getting your pet to engage the quickest.

These are 2 of the most camped mobs in the game, if the precedence has been set for Guardian Kozzalym, I urge you to implement the same thing for these 2 mobs.

P.S. I realize other mobs are somewhat similar to this, but these 2 stick out as the most exploited due to server ping. Fear Golems can be dumb too, but seems like moving their spawn points is a bit too unclassic. Maybe having some guards type mobs spawn near them every 12 mins or something will at least spice it up? I dunno, for another thread I guess.