Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-13-2023, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol instances raids

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Can still break the rules by logging into an opposing guild’s character to train their instance though (presumably only during difficult times of year).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-13-2023, 11:13 PM
Large Rat

Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore all have been unreliable weekdays for pickup groups since the XP bonus over thx giving. There are times when you can get a group now and then but not consistently at all.

Green has turned into blue. If you want to level up an alt have to get a guildly to PL you now.

Today on a whim I logged into Quarm and 1st thing I see is an /auction in G Fay for gatorscale leggings 2000 plat!! Their economy sure is different. I messed around for 10 minutes in kelethin fighting the dumb mouselook thing and /exit.

When quarm 1st dropped I could still find a group on green at these levels but the last few weeks it's been pretty bleak. My main is 60 but I'm new to the server and all my alts are all under 30.
Old 12-15-2023, 08:30 AM
Large Rat

I just started playing after like 20 years (bailed original era with PoP). I made a HIE CLR on Green and have been leveling him, currently at 42. This is my experience.

Level 1-8: Mostly just learning how to play the game again. Both Felwithe and Kelethin seem to see enough high levels to drop buffs on low level toons that grouping isn't necessary. I tooled around in GF and a little bit in BB.

Levels 9-20: Ran into a ranger in BB who gifted me a Wraithbone Warhammer, and later that same day a leveling guild recruited me and gifted me with a full set of (medium) banded. It was the wrong size but still wearable. Also gifted were some modest +3str earrings and a decent set of +45hp rings. (At level 42 I'm just about to hand it all back for getting the next player started, but am still wearing banded boots/belt and the rings and earrings.) I spent a bunch of time in Crushbone, and was able to find some duos and small groups to play non-solo with most (not all) of the time. I was also able to find some grouping in NRo.

Level 20-30: Mistmoore, lots of it. I was consistently able to find at least a duo partner and organically form groups by the pond and GY as new players arrived. Also there was quite a bit of action in Unrest as well.

Level 30-35: Mostly High Hold basement, occasionally popping back into Mistmoore. My arrival at HHK was marked by an offer by a monk killing guards to pay me to heal him between kills. I took the money until I realized I could mooch XP off it while still avoiding faction hits, and then did that instead. Basement groups were fairly easy to form organically as well with whoever showed up.

Level 36-40: Mistmoore, mostly CE. Had enough players wanting in groups to have waiting lists.

Level 40-?: City of Mist. I'm now dependent on ports to get in and out of the area and back to civilization, but thanks to <Dial a Port> and the gem drops to finance travel without stiffing the guy taking the time to get me from A somewhat dangerous zone ->B this is a reasonable thing to manage. Barely having played this zone in original I don't really know it. End up in groups on ramparts and stable and arena. XP is flying though.

Some general observations: sitting there LFG didn't work often for me, but if I was aggressive about it there were more opportunities. Groups were started most often by me joining a player who was soloing when I got there - easiest way to find a group has been to start one. Class balance seems pretty good overall, maybe a bit light on wizards and tanks, but we've been able to put together some fairly optimal groups just with whoever shows up. A lot of people seem to have druid/enc/clr alts that they like to bring around and buff their groups with, which doesn't hurt at all.

I was surprised to see very few people in Lower Guk. I remember back in the day it was the place to be, but I guess XP modifiers won the day for the player base.

In a few levels I'll be eligible for planar raids so I look forward to see what might be available in that part of the game. I ended up skipping gear camping altogether electing instead to just buy whatever I could afford off the market; the toon is way under-geared - it's just levelling too fast to stay up to par - but that doesn't matter much with a primary caster in groups where mana regeneration, not capacity, controls output, and I'm still able to pick up something cheap here and there to improve the character so I'm not stuck at all. Hopefully I'll be able to hop on some raids soon and skip a lot of the preplanar gearing time.

The above all happened in about five weeks. I found EQ again looking for something to do during the downtime for my industry (Nov-Jan) and have been grinding out advancement on this toon since.
Old 12-15-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgiabait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started playing after like 20 years (bailed original era with PoP). I made a HIE CLR on Green and have been leveling him, currently at 42. This is my experience.

Level 1-8: Mostly just learning how to play the game again. Both Felwithe and Kelethin seem to see enough high levels to drop buffs on low level toons that grouping isn't necessary. I tooled around in GF and a little bit in BB.

Levels 9-20: Ran into a ranger in BB who gifted me a Wraithbone Warhammer, and later that same day a leveling guild recruited me and gifted me with a full set of (medium) banded. It was the wrong size but still wearable. Also gifted were some modest +3str earrings and a decent set of +45hp rings. (At level 42 I'm just about to hand it all back for getting the next player started, but am still wearing banded boots/belt and the rings and earrings.) I spent a bunch of time in Crushbone, and was able to find some duos and small groups to play non-solo with most (not all) of the time. I was also able to find some grouping in NRo.

Level 20-30: Mistmoore, lots of it. I was consistently able to find at least a duo partner and organically form groups by the pond and GY as new players arrived. Also there was quite a bit of action in Unrest as well.

Level 30-35: Mostly High Hold basement, occasionally popping back into Mistmoore. My arrival at HHK was marked by an offer by a monk killing guards to pay me to heal him between kills. I took the money until I realized I could mooch XP off it while still avoiding faction hits, and then did that instead. Basement groups were fairly easy to form organically as well with whoever showed up.

Level 36-40: Mistmoore, mostly CE. Had enough players wanting in groups to have waiting lists.

Level 40-?: City of Mist. I'm now dependent on ports to get in and out of the area and back to civilization, but thanks to <Dial a Port> and the gem drops to finance travel without stiffing the guy taking the time to get me from A somewhat dangerous zone ->B this is a reasonable thing to manage. Barely having played this zone in original I don't really know it. End up in groups on ramparts and stable and arena. XP is flying though.

Some general observations: sitting there LFG didn't work often for me, but if I was aggressive about it there were more opportunities. Groups were started most often by me joining a player who was soloing when I got there - easiest way to find a group has been to start one. Class balance seems pretty good overall, maybe a bit light on wizards and tanks, but we've been able to put together some fairly optimal groups just with whoever shows up. A lot of people seem to have druid/enc/clr alts that they like to bring around and buff their groups with, which doesn't hurt at all.

I was surprised to see very few people in Lower Guk. I remember back in the day it was the place to be, but I guess XP modifiers won the day for the player base.

In a few levels I'll be eligible for planar raids so I look forward to see what might be available in that part of the game. I ended up skipping gear camping altogether electing instead to just buy whatever I could afford off the market; the toon is way under-geared - it's just levelling too fast to stay up to par - but that doesn't matter much with a primary caster in groups where mana regeneration, not capacity, controls output, and I'm still able to pick up something cheap here and there to improve the character so I'm not stuck at all. Hopefully I'll be able to hop on some raids soon and skip a lot of the preplanar gearing time.

The above all happened in about five weeks. I found EQ again looking for something to do during the downtime for my industry (Nov-Jan) and have been grinding out advancement on this toon since.
Well done.

Now all ya gotta do is join a raid guild, acquire dkp, and get gear.

Oh, and make friends with enchanters. That'll be your best path to 60.
Old 12-15-2023, 01:31 PM
Aviak

When I played in highschool I was lucky in that I knew a few other nerdy kids who played EQ, so we'd all group. I probably 50\50 split my time pickup grouping with randos and playing with rl friends.

Get some RL buddies into this awesomely addictive game and have a static group to level up with would be my suggestion
Old 12-16-2023, 02:03 AM
Large Bat

Come play on red, people are way more friendly thank you think and there are groups to be had if you /ooc
Old 12-18-2023, 09:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by karekiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project Quarm added instance raiding. Its basically just a TLP now. People will flock back to P99 once they realize the endgame instance content sucks without the difficulty and competition.
Eww, yucky..

Thought of checking out Quarm but along with having to compete with 20 other noobs for a decaying skeleton, and now what you just said I think I'll pass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-18-2023, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurionx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eww, yucky..

Thought of checking out Quarm but along with having to compete with 20 other noobs for a decaying skeleton, and now what you just said I think I'll pass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secrets is soft as hell. Throw lead skin Rogean on that staff and people would be donating their wives to play.
Old 12-19-2023, 03:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people would be donating their wives to play.
I like both devs. Good to have variety and options.

That last part of the line is hilarious.

This image is relevant. I won't embed out of respect for Green. Follow the link if you want a chuckle. Rare EQ humor.
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_a7jkcMVp5.../everquest.jpg