Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 03-06-2024, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The designers must have either had a vague and rather optimistic view of the world being more dynamic with different groups of people moving around killing different groups of mobs in such a way that intricate cross faction quest lines just harmoniously work themselves out.

Or they didn't really know what they were doing and didn't even stop to consider the ramifications of this particular placeholder on this particular spawn rotation related to this or that particular quest with this or that particular faction requirements.

Either way classic everquest is better than the modern approach of on rails theme park shit but only in the sense that vanilla ice cream is better than shit flavored ice cream, it's not a high bar.

Someone will make a truly great MMO, someday. Maybe.
this
Old 03-06-2024, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dolalin!? Where you been!
Busy with work and family, like most 40 somethings I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I gave search engine access to several people in the Bug forums and they've been carrying the torch. Devs have it too, including TAKP devs. So I'm not a single point of failure anymore.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pre-kunark/planar an 8 dmg piercer is pretty good

it's the best back stabber until planar stuff

that's like saying imagine gearing up in plane of fear for many sleepless nights until ToV drops

the whole game was designed with the intention of retaining monthly paying customers, of course everything is gonna take forever to accomplish, if you got everything done in a month then you aren't gonna keep paying the subscription

this whole thread is a bad quest design
someone never played a classic rogue lmao
Old 03-07-2024, 02:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, although with the expansions I'd say it's a little bit different since the gap between gear you could find in Velious and prior gear was so large. They could've made the upgrades more incremental.
cant stop myself here

9 damage kedge piercer (from the very first room) and vox spear both better piercers before planes
Old 03-07-2024, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cant stop myself here

9 damage kedge piercer (from the very first room) and vox spear both better piercers before planes
Oh sorry I should've been more clear, I wasn't commenting on what's BIS for piercing weps. I was more commenting on his other statements about gear progression through the expansions.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
someone never played a classic rogue lmao
yeah really why would anyone play classic rogue
Old 03-07-2024, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

or even velious rogue TBH

your entire life is auto attack, backstab, evade ad infinitum.

then open doors or drag corpses

also, it's worth mentioning for the 10,000th time that P99 rogues are invisible to ALOT more mobs than they were on live.

Even with the Shroud of Stealth AA, rogues on live were visible to many many more mobs then P99
Old 03-07-2024, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

triple post!

rogue hide back in the day was barely more than a perma invis spell that snared you.

not this sneak past literally everything BS here on p99
Old 03-07-2024, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also, it's worth mentioning for the 10,000th time that P99 rogues are invisible to ALOT more mobs than they were on live.

Even with the Shroud of Stealth AA, rogues on live were visible to many many more mobs then P99
That's interesting actually. Where'd you find the proof for that? Feel like that would be a really interesting read. Curious what mobs are nonclassic.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That's interesting actually. Where'd you find the proof for that? Feel like that would be a really interesting read. Curious what mobs are nonclassic.
i know from playing rogue on live that we couldn't sneak down to trak on live

among mobs like undead and casters there would always be 1 here or there that saw you