Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

Default Saturday, June 17th - Everquest Hardcore Challenge League season 1 begins!

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you're enjoying your summer. Next week, Saturday the 17th the Everquest Hardcore Challenge League season 1 begins.

This season will take place on Project 1999: RED

Deciding to play on a PvP server may be a shock to some of you, but considerable amounts of thought and discussion went into this decision. Let me remind everyone, you will never lose your character to a PvP death of any kind. You can continue playing as if nothing happened if you die to a PvP scenario.

If you've never tried Red, remember: There is a large XP bonus (details attached in spoiler), and anything you want to farm is probably uncamped. Don't be afraid to give it a try.

Update: Senior guide has declared that we can not offer real life cash prizes, instead we must use in-game prizes or currency, so please stand by while we evaluate our prize situation. I'm sorry to anyone who was excited about the offer of a cash prize.

In order to start the challenge;

Join this discord:
https://discord.gg/ReYG7YGdw

Create a character on P99: RED on June, 17th starting at 1400 EST (2pm) or later. Check your timezones. You can create, or recreate as many hardcore characters as you like after this point. Keep in mind, P99 anti-boxing rules still apply.

You will join the guild <No Rez Necessary>

Play the game without dying. See the hardcore specific rules in the "hardcore-rules" section of the league's discord.

I look forward to seeing each of you in game on the 17th. Remember; the point of this is fun. Most of us will die. It's inevitable.
Old 06-11-2023, 12:19 AM
Large Rat

Smile

Something interesting will happen, guaranteed!
Old 06-11-2023, 09:33 AM
Orc

Can nonhardcore players buff their counterparts? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-11-2023, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can nonhardcore players buff their counterparts? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hardcore players can not accept buffs from non-hardcore.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hardcore players can not accept buffs from non-hardcore.
n oooooo! I can't just sit back and watch somebody die!
Old 06-12-2023, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like you'll have to join the league then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2023, 10:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Well it is not like they can prevent you from healing them.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

Should have done it on Blue. Plenty of open zones since all people leveling are mostly on Green.

Hope the people participating don't get too griefed by the likes of Mrbigs
Old 06-14-2023, 10:21 PM
Large Rat

Why not just keep your chars if you die, and keep playing red, for a real challenge? God forbid you play a videogame against actual players.
Old 06-14-2023, 11:30 PM
Aviak

Im going to give this a go.. may be fun to bring new life to red anyways. Blue wouls be equally a good option but with the exp bonus red makes a lot of sense if the guild stays active
. That's what I'm hoping anyways.