Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-26-2023, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default Grouping is dead? Question Mark?

Sat LFG on my cleric level 35 for 7 straight hours today. Saturday. Prime time. Maybe stuff was in window?

Last weekend sat LFG on my 55 enc for 2 days straight. Only a few groups in Karnors Velks and every other zone ghost town.

Weekend before that, had to struggle for hours to drag a few people in the level 30-40 range on cleric to a zone for group. (that wasnt mistmoore or highkeep, ffs the only two zones people like to group at in this range)

Been trying to get people to the Hole on enchnater for weeks as well. Not too many LFG, and not even many in levle range not on raid.

Are people finally stopping logging in? Or is it BG3?
Last edited by zelld52; 08-26-2023 at 10:17 PM..
Old 08-26-2023, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Even when the server was young, fresh, and high pop, if your methodology for LFG was putting your tag up and sitting there, you'd run into frequent log periods of sitting lfg through sheer chance. Gotta be proactive, physically walk up to groups and ask, send tells, build your own groups, etc.

That being said, pops are low outside primetime on green and low across the board on blue. Look into duos and trios; ench is an extremely strong duo class with many other classes, and cleric duos okay with enchanters and twinked melees. Gonna be better xp than a full group anyway.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

I’ve always struggled finding groups 35-40.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-27-2023, 01:42 AM
Banned

@ OP yes everyone is twinked now in velious gear so if u didnt' grind 1 million plat to twink urself on a naked caster vendoring garbage because nothing that drops from the orld world matters good luck leveling lawl

it's time for red 2.0 which would immediately solve this problem
Old 08-27-2023, 07:30 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah yesterday was poopsock day for 7 day spawns, would be hard to get groups for sure
Noone wants to xp in the hole anymore,I don't know why, probably just the no loot. Best xp zone by far
Old 08-27-2023, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah yesterday was poopsock day for 7 day spawns, would be hard to get groups for sure
Noone wants to xp in the hole anymore,I don't know why, probably just the no loot. Best xp zone by far
I also don't understand why everyone goes to Karnors. It's 10 minute run from the osest port. The exp is bad, the loot is decent if you can get the kunark armor to drop for vendor trash... And people wind up planted there sitting LFG and refusing to leave for places like the Hole or Sol B which are right next to ports.

But the 20 or so players actually exping in groups from 50-60 are in Karnors. Everyone else solos / small op trio etc.

I only included the story about a cleric sitting LFG for 7 hours because I think it goes to show how little people are actively grouping. Someone had to have had a group and a cleric was leaving, so they searched for replacement heals in that time. Nope. Or apparently not, anyway.

Most people are on alt number 7 (like me) and can solo to 50-55. But I also like to group, and have been having increasingly hard time putting together groups for a few months. Some of my most fun groups are with filthy casuals and new to EQ players, but unfortunately they live up to their name and only log in once every 2 weeks. Or they quit after level 30

Because most people have an opinion on "the best spot park for 10 levels to grind," except for filthy casuals and new to EQ players who are usually more down to explore the game, try something new, etc.
Last edited by zelld52; 08-27-2023 at 12:17 PM..
Old 08-27-2023, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

What are the spots you have a high chance of finding groups these days?

I'm thinking Crushbone, Karnors and Unrest, HHK Goblins, CoM and KC.

MM is often dead when I check and so is Sol A. So I guess there's a gap between 35 and 40?
Old 08-27-2023, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the spots you have a high chance of finding groups these days?

I'm thinking Crushbone, Karnors and Unrest, HHK Goblins, CoM and KC.

MM is often dead when I check and so is Sol A. So I guess there's a gap between 35 and 40?

Yeah, people used to flock to Splitpaw and Cazic Thule 35-45ish. Those zones are both dead now.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:53 PM
Banned

Grouping is not dead. Lean to /who all lfg in your level range and check the hot zones.

/Bad thread
Old 08-27-2023, 02:07 PM
Banned

When I’m playing people just message me asking. Sometimes they offer a group that is the entire world away. And I never put up LFG tag

I turn them all down politely because I’m an antisocial cunt in game, but I think the best way to find groups is just to use /who to find the class and level you want and send them a /tell whether they have LFG up or not, whether they are in your zone or not

Worst case scenario they do what I do and make up a RL excuse like “sorry can’t group my cat is acting anxious” or “sorry I can’t gotta drive later need to stay sharp” or something else ridiculous