Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Would you like Green to merge with Blue at some point?
Yes 118 47.58%
No 87 35.08%
Don't care / doesn't matter 43 17.34%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2021, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

The economy on Blue isn't that bad people. I look at auctions from both servers all the time - there isn't a huge price difference on things that cost more than 5-10k+

Yes, mid tier gear is WAY cheaper on blue than green... but that's what happens after 10 years.

Your beads will at least triple in value though. Same with manastones, etc. You could farm one pair of beads on green, wait for the transfer, and FULLY twink two characters with that platinum.

Also there will actually be competition on end game mobs. It will be a lot of fun.
Old 08-09-2021, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't directly answer my question, but it sounds like you're saying it's better to not have a playable than have a playable character ... because it will force you to do something else with your life (besides play EQ)? Honestly, it's hard to argue with that logic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So to recap, IF your goal (like Bellamy's) is to quit the game forevermore in a year-ish ... not merging Green into Blue is in your best interest. For everyone else, it seems the merger is in their best interest.
No you misunderstood. It's not a goal. It's an outcome. I have no idea how long p99 will hold my interest, but a merge will lessen it to the point where I'll go pick up another hobby. There is no forcing to quit involved, I just really need to enjoy my pastimes. For example I was a competition-level paintballer for years and then one day....you know...I bought a motorcycle.

Like my paintball gun is still playable functionally. I could buy another bike. But that was decades ago.

This would be a goal:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Keeping your self respect up!
Old 08-09-2021, 06:05 PM
Banned

Devs here on p99 will go the route that makes the most sense for them and players won't get much say. They don't owe us anything.

The vague messaging as to what will eventually happen to green at end of timeline leaves a degree of mystery that is by design.

Most likely the devs don't yet know themselves. It's easy to not reveal the answer to a question if that answer is still undecided. When the time is right the decision will be made in relation to how this all fits in to the devs lives. Not ours.
Old 08-09-2021, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

The main reason not to merge Green into Blue is because Blue has mechanics that aren't Classic but they didn't want to remove them after so many years (or they did remove them and people complained).

If Green is supposed to be the closer to Classic experience, dumping it into a server with Pet Windows and other Luclin era changes doesn't make much sense.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 08-09-2021, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main reason not to merge Green into Blue is because Blue has mechanics that aren't Classic but they didn't want to remove them after so many years (or they did remove them and people complained).

If Green is supposed to be the closer to Classic experience, dumping it into a server with Pet Windows and other Luclin era changes doesn't make much sense.
But the whole reason they decided to allow them is that they were almost classic: both pet windows and custom UI were added just after Luclin's release.

To me keeping one entire extra server just so that it can say one month behind another server seems ... unnecessary.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-09-2021, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Green should merge and reset, just like it was originally meant to. I plan on starting up a cleric on the new green when that happens, when we are all back at the bottom and there are folks to level with again.
Old 08-10-2021, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Only blue player want server to merge, like merging them with save blue but blue is dead.

No real green player want a merge, only bluebies that went on green to farm legacy.
Old 08-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only blue player want server to merge, like merging them with save blue but blue is dead.

No real green player want a merge, only bluebies that went on green to farm legacy.
blue's pop is almost always just slightly under green

filed under mad that green wasnt the big success you hoped for

enjoy your /list lmao
Old 08-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

when green resets I will be there, on green 2.0, leveling a new character all the way up again in a new world full of excited players who cheer and holler for Cracked Staff drops, the first FBSS, etc. it will be so much fucking fun again to play this game with a bunch of people. the only thing I will miss is the ability to roll an iksar at the start, my favorite race. However, bards get an iksar mask, so I'll just do that
Old 08-10-2021, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the whole reason they decided to allow them is that they were almost classic: both pet windows and custom UI were added just after Luclin's release.

To me keeping one entire extra server just so that it can say one month behind another server seems ... unnecessary.
Also, Green isn't supposed to be a perpetual server so his argument that it shouldn't merge with a server with non-classic mechanics makes no sense.

Green is supposed to be a recycled classic server. It doesn't matter if it merges into Blue because they will do a new Green with classic mechanics.
Closed Thread