Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-17-2022, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

I'm pretty casual these days, but am a member of ST. Through this guild, I've gotten to kill all the raid content in the game and gotten some good loot along the way.

For the most part, the guild is made up of super knowledgeable and mature people, whom I enjoy playing with, though there are admittedly a couple of trolls and memelords in our midst. I also find the infrastructure and leadership to be particularly good, which may surprise you given what you've read here!

All in all, if you wanna kill Vulaks or play with knowledgeable folk, ST is a good place to be.

Anyway, that's my pitch. Happy field any questions or scathing criticisms!
Old 03-18-2022, 03:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty casual these days, but am a member of ST. Through this guild, I've gotten to kill all the raid content in the game and gotten some good loot along the way.

For the most part, the guild is made up of super knowledgeable and mature people, whom I enjoy playing with, though there are admittedly a couple of trolls and memelords in our midst. I also find the infrastructure and leadership to be particularly good, which may surprise you given what you've read here!

All in all, if you wanna kill Vulaks or play with knowledgeable folk, ST is a good place to be.

Anyway, that's my pitch. Happy field any questions or scathing criticisms!
When was the actual last time ST killed vulak? meaning alone, not in an alliance.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When was the actual last time ST killed vulak? meaning alone, not in an alliance.
Not sure. Maybe a couple cycles? In my experience ST (almost?) always fields enough on it's own for Vulak, but it's definitely good to call out that we are teaming up a lot with our FoW friends lately, and it's been really fun. I will say, of all the targets, people have a habit of showing up for Vulak.
Old 03-19-2022, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure. Maybe a couple cycles? In my experience ST (almost?) always fields enough on it's own for Vulak, but it's definitely good to call out that we are teaming up a lot with our FoW friends lately, and it's been really fun. I will say, of all the targets, people have a habit of showing up for Vulak.
To my knowledge ST has not killed any of those major targets solo anytime recently. It acted holier than thou for a long periods of time and is now essentially riding coattails on major targets. Hence the recruiting drive.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To my knowledge ST has not killed any of those major targets solo anytime recently. It acted holier than thou for a long periods of time and is now essentially riding coattails on major targets. Hence the recruiting drive.
Hah, I can definitely see the 'holier than thou' thing, esp. if your main point of reference is the UN and what not. As an insider, that's not really the vibe we go for. I'll pass along the feedback.

I may not convince you, but for major targets, I haven't seen any 'riding coattails' numbers wise. As I said, people be showing up for Vulak. Nonetheless, it's true that we are partnering up for a lot of stuff including big targets. As a normal member, I don't know all the ins and outs, but it's been fun and rewarding from my perspective.

The guild has historically been pretty bad at recruiting, but we're trying to now. On the other hand, the on-boarding is pretty good, and there's a lot of people actively working on improving it.
Old 03-19-2022, 01:59 PM
Aviak

As the timeline of the Velious era comes to it's inevitable end, so too has the journey for many of our longtime members who wanted to experience Everquest progression as it was originally released. With that comes a new era for us and we are excited about what lies ahead and the new friends we make along the way.

We had an absolute blast clearing NToV with Force of Will last night and hope others join us to enjoy the relaxed fun environment that we bring. What was most exciting for me was to see our friends obtain great loot, folks feeling comfortable trying new roles and having fun while doing it.
Old 03-22-2022, 02:55 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the timeline of the Velious era comes to it's inevitable end, so too has the journey for many of our longtime members who wanted to experience Everquest progression as it was originally released. With that comes a new era for us and we are excited about what lies ahead and the new friends we make along the way.

We had an absolute blast clearing NToV with Force of Will last night and hope others join us to enjoy the relaxed fun environment that we bring. What was most exciting for me was to see our friends obtain great loot, folks feeling comfortable trying new roles and having fun while doing it.
This is a sales pitch. A new attitude, a new era, a new team. Delekhan, you need to be the exclusive PR person.
Old 03-22-2022, 11:34 PM
Kobold

The current state of the server is a very even playing field right now with 50-70ish guild numbers each for Kindgom, Force of Will and Seal Team. Seal Team no longer commands 90-100 players for their NTOV crawls. I suspect because many of their long term members retired/breaking (experienced everything) or left (ala defecting to Safe Space).
In an effort to maintain their command on Vulak (through necessity of killing Vyemm), Seal Team is pairing with Force of Will during every earthquake and Vyemm/Vulak natural spawn for the last several months - and offering third pick on Vulak loot to FoW to gain numbers sufficient to kill Vyemm and Vulak.

FoW has been revitalized of recent due to this new access to end game content with many more members than it would typically yield (as they have a no-socking mentality), and Kingdom continues to progress (recently getting first time kills in Sleepers Tomb) while developing its own alliances with Castle (tunare/ring wars) and Safe Space (ring war/ntov).

All in all, any guild on this server will have it's ebbs and flows. Seal Team's numbers are less than what they desire, and to remedy this are passing late pick, yet excellent quality loot, to other guilds to continue to gear themselves and monopolize Vulak. Whether this will eventually shoot them in the foot (speculation is that FoW is demanding more) or works to their advantage by developing a true merger between FoW and ST - is all yet to be seen.

All in all it's an exciting time to be on P99 Green - I just hope that all guilds who desire to compete and enjoy the content will be able to field numbers and reduce burn out for many months to come - as without our competition, EQ is lackluster - and for that, I applaud any recruitment posts for end game guilds.
Old 03-23-2022, 02:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xersius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current state of the server is a very even playing field right now with 50-70ish guild numbers each for Kindgom, Force of Will and Seal Team. Seal Team no longer commands 90-100 players for their NTOV crawls. I suspect because many of their long term members retired/breaking (experienced everything) or left (ala defecting to Safe Space).
In an effort to maintain their command on Vulak (through necessity of killing Vyemm), Seal Team is pairing with Force of Will during every earthquake and Vyemm/Vulak natural spawn for the last several months - and offering third pick on Vulak loot to FoW to gain numbers sufficient to kill Vyemm and Vulak.

FoW has been revitalized of recent due to this new access to end game content with many more members than it would typically yield (as they have a no-socking mentality), and Kingdom continues to progress (recently getting first time kills in Sleepers Tomb) while developing its own alliances with Castle (tunare/ring wars) and Safe Space (ring war/ntov).

All in all, any guild on this server will have it's ebbs and flows. Seal Team's numbers are less than what they desire, and to remedy this are passing late pick, yet excellent quality loot, to other guilds to continue to gear themselves and monopolize Vulak. Whether this will eventually shoot them in the foot (speculation is that FoW is demanding more) or works to their advantage by developing a true merger between FoW and ST - is all yet to be seen.

All in all it's an exciting time to be on P99 Green - I just hope that all guilds who desire to compete and enjoy the content will be able to field numbers and reduce burn out for many months to come - as without our competition, EQ is lackluster - and for that, I applaud any recruitment posts for end game guilds.
Pretty much all of this. P99 raiding is competitive and people burn out. All guilds have to recruit to keep their numbers strong, even ST. Nothing wrong with that.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 03-23-2022, 09:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckdtrb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a sales pitch. A new attitude, a new era, a new team. Delekhan, you need to be the exclusive PR person.
Thanks! I am pretty excited to see how Green evolves once the timeline ends in a couple of months. We're already seeing parity evolve across all of the guilds in terms of numbers and experience with the encounters. The end game is more inclusive than it ever was with the alliance era of Green.

Nowadays I barely even pay attention to the loot that dropped. Instead, I can help others get those items they never could access before and just have fun killing dragons and joking around.