Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened on Live when guilds clashed

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, cool! My all-elf VZ guild had a guildwar with another all-elf guild, but nothing like that ever happened I don't think. Thanks for sharing! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 11:06 PM
Kobold

I only played pvp on live a little since all my friends played on Brell Serilis, but I'll never forget being blinded for the first time and thinking my computer crashed. The screen reappeared right before I turned off the comp and I instantly realized the overwhelming power of blinding and how badly you can piss someone off with it.

One poor twink in FoB begged for a truce and swore to never come near me again because I chained blind on him at least 50 times in a row. Every person who tried to kill me learned a similar lesson. It wouldn't have worked at higher levels but for newb on newb violence, nothing is more sadistically enjoyable.

Cidisius - 60 Shaman (Max Alchemy)
Neefin - 60 Druid
Yawgmoth - 60 Necromancer (184 Research)
Colt - 56 Magician (184 Research)
Hannibal - 55 Monk
Urza - 53 Wizard (175 Research)
Dealer - 47 Enchanter (250 Jewelcrafting, 165 Research)
Old 02-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Faerie who were you on Vallon Zek?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Kobold

Probably Gruffer.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled Children [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One time in Cabilis Colgate told me to meet him near LOIO zoneline and he'd give me some monk stuff when I was level 4. He ambushed me at the PvP arena and killed me. After I respawned he sent me a tell that said "log off forever."

Good times.
this is true
Old 02-24-2014, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled Children [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One time in Cabilis Colgate told me to meet him near LOIO zoneline and he'd give me some monk stuff when I was level 4. He ambushed me at the PvP arena and killed me. After I respawned he sent me a tell that said "log off forever."

Good times.
LOL.

replying with a story i already posted in a similar thread. thread for locked for some reason.. no "quote" button. but here it is:

Quote:
yes storytime is always appreciated.

i remember when i first rolled feeling very nervous about attacking anybody. one day in oasis between killing gators i spotted a little gnome in purple running from a croc, it was clearly going to kill him as he starting running all slow-like. so i as i watched him helplessly running toward me, I thought to myself "im a ROGUE damnit, i should be killing people!" and in this moment of passion, i stabbed the little gnome in the back. his body crumpled and the gator walked away, and i looted the corpse. 14 platinum! omg this guy was walking around with 14 platinum?

then i got some tells, not hate tells but asking why i had killed him. he sounded so sad that i felt bad for him. i lied and told him i had killed him to save him from the exp loss. when he got back, he asked for his plat and i reluctantly returned it. after the exchange, we decided to group together to kill some of those nasty crocs. and from then on we were best friends in EQ, leveling and making chars together for basically years. he told me later that that 14 plat was all the money he owned, none in the bank. and that if i had just killed him and taken it he probably would have quit soon after. he had no friends in EQ, unlike me who played with my brothers. and i guess 14 plat was a lot to lose back in the day, when that was his life savings
Old 02-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Banned

As a gnome on Sullon Zek I watched other high elfs nuke dark elfs in steamfont :P and was like OMG... they pillared or 1shotted them down in like 2 hits and saved all the poor little gnome newbies running around from level 60 rend robe murder.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:07 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only played pvp on live a little since all my friends played on Brell Serilis, but I'll never forget being blinded for the first time and thinking my computer crashed. The screen reappeared right before I turned off the comp and I instantly realized the overwhelming power of blinding and how badly you can piss someone off with it.

One poor twink in FoB begged for a truce and swore to never come near me again because I chained blind on him at least 50 times in a row. Every person who tried to kill me learned a similar lesson. It wouldn't have worked at higher levels but for newb on newb violence, nothing is more sadistically enjoyable.
Lol yes, flash of light was one of the worst (best?) spells to allow in pvp. At the low levels when no one had mr gear it landed a TON. The only time I ever lost a significant piece of gear was in/around CB, and some dwarf cleric or pally spammed flash of light, killed me, and took the hp/mana earring some nice higher level had given me. I've hated dwarves ever since :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faerie who were you on Vallon Zek?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably Gruffer.
Totally :P

Quote:
yes storytime is always appreciated.

i remember when i first rolled feeling very nervous about attacking anybody. one day in oasis between killing gators i spotted a little gnome in purple running from a croc, it was clearly going to kill him as he starting running all slow-like. so i as i watched him helplessly running toward me, I thought to myself "im a ROGUE damnit, i should be killing people!" and in this moment of passion, i stabbed the little gnome in the back. his body crumpled and the gator walked away, and i looted the corpse. 14 platinum! omg this guy was walking around with 14 platinum?

then i got some tells, not hate tells but asking why i had killed him. he sounded so sad that i felt bad for him. i lied and told him i had killed him to save him from the exp loss. when he got back, he asked for his plat and i reluctantly returned it. after the exchange, we decided to group together to kill some of those nasty crocs. and from then on we were best friends in EQ, leveling and making chars together for basically years. he told me later that that 14 plat was all the money he owned, none in the bank. and that if i had just killed him and taken it he probably would have quit soon after. he had no friends in EQ, unlike me who played with my brothers. and i guess 14 plat was a lot to lose back in the day, when that was his life savings
Lol! It's awesome how enemies become friends, and vice versa in open-ended MMOs like EQ pvp. This is really a big part of the reason that pvp servers are so much more fun than blue servers. I wish the bluebies here on p99 understood that, so we could have a truly amazing gaming experience with intricate social workings, or whatever.

I actually was RL friends with/dating someone in high school that played in kos lighty guilds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a gnome on Sullon Zek I watched other high elfs nuke dark elfs in steamfont :P and was like OMG... they pillared or 1shotted them down in like 2 hits and saved all the poor little gnome newbies running around from level 60 rend robe murder.
SZ always sounded like so much of a headache, you guys really must have been masochists. 60s running around in noob zones, people training whenever possible and just being all around fefs... yeah, no thank you :P

Red99
Old 02-24-2014, 02:18 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2014, 06:56 AM
Sarnak

Getting a boner when my guild killed emp ssra during luclin