Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 11:21 PM
Banned

Default Ornate Velium Pendant too rare

I get it... this drop rate was nerfed in a mini-patch on the beta server. However the pendant was never rare on live. It should not be an uber-rare drop here just because we know it gets changed later on.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:01 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get it... this drop rate was nerfed in a mini-patch on the beta server.
No it wasn't.

Quote:
However the pendant was never rare on live. It should not be an uber-rare drop here just because we know it gets changed later on.
Post research if you have any.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Evidence of it as a common drop;

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...05536121063284

"Stop killing Juliah and start killing the mobs that drop it. All the Councilor's drop this as there cmon drop. Have only had one out of 10 or so not drop one."
Old 03-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Project Manager

That's 2003. Would prefer to have something era specific if possible, prior to the nerf.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's 2003. Would prefer to have something era specific if possible, prior to the nerf.
From my research in the other thread about it, the first mention of it on any real site isn't until April 2001, people probably found out about it from hearing about it being nerfed. I know if I found that item I wouldn't tell a ton of people because it was obvious it was going to be nerfed.

Plus early in Velious pathing in Icewell keep was notoriously bad. It used to take an hour some times just to pull Dain into the well. I don't think back then people were doing too much random grouping or soloing because it was more a "quest zone" unless you were in the well. After killing a few Coldain and getting nothing from them but bad faction and terrible exp I imagine most people would take the hint and go somewhere else.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

I farmed a couple of these but both versions were dropping, in like 5 hours i seen like 5 of the charged versions and 2 of the unlimited clicks and i was not really killing them at an amazing rate because i was fd killing and let pet finish and also waiting on a guard the path into and out of room to start, didnt seem all that rare to me
Old 03-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Charged version shouldn't exist until post nerf.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Project Manager

All it is lacking is an exact date to make prenerf stop dropping. Both versions are on the table because we use a rule-based system to allow/disallow drops by era.
Closed Thread